What do you miss in ReValver Mk II?

ReValver Mk II for Windows and Mac OSX, product discussion. This is a user-to-user forum, and not product support.

Moderators: Michael Ljunggren, ReValver Support Team

Multani

Post by Multani » Tue Sep 18, 2007 5:59 am

Oh, just thought of some more amps if you can squueze any more in!

a LANEY VR100 would be cool- Mattias Eklundh (wicked Swedish guitarist/frontman) uses one and he gets it sounding pretty "raw" and "raunchy" but still heavy.....Laney arent your typical high gain amps but he manages to get there so why not?

Also, VHT amps are monsters in high gain territory- but have a very unique voicing- way different to all the other high gainers mentioned. A VHT ultralead or CL would be nice!

FrankZappa

Post by FrankZappa » Tue Sep 25, 2007 4:45 am

I realized something on a gig my band was doing a few days ago when we were playing on some really good cabinets, ENGL cabinets actually. The cabinet is more important to the tone than the amp itself. I heard the other band soundcheck and thought that their amps (ENGL powerballs) sounded really good. I was playing on a Peavey JSX and I couldn't hear much difference at all, it sounded amazing. With that said, we need more good cabinet impulses!
There is a guy on the ultimate metal forum called GuitarHack, you should get in touch with him and ask him if you can include his awesome impulses in revalver. Actually you should pay him so he can rent some good cabinets (he already has a mesa trad 4x12) and some good microphones so he can record some impulses exclusively for revalver, I'm sure he would do it ;) BTW he records metal.

ccosta

Cabs

Post by ccosta » Tue Sep 25, 2007 7:43 am

FrankZappa wrote:I realized something on a gig my band was doing a few days ago when we were playing on some really good cabinets, ENGL cabinets actually. The cabinet is more important to the tone than the amp itself. I heard the other band soundcheck and thought that their amps (ENGL powerballs) sounded really good. I was playing on a Peavey JSX and I couldn't hear much difference at all, it sounded amazing. With that said, we need more good cabinet impulses!
There is a guy on the ultimate metal forum called GuitarHack, you should get in touch with him and ask him if you can include his awesome impulses in revalver. Actually you should pay him so he can rent some good cabinets (he already has a mesa trad 4x12) and some good microphones so he can record some impulses exclusively for revalver, I'm sure he would do it ;) BTW he records metal.
Ive already mentioned that several times, and what should also be done ( im my humble opinion ) is to match the emulations with the cab impulses from the cabs that in real life sound good with that amp.
Also goog would be the same cab with diferent mic technics.

FrankZappa

Post by FrankZappa » Tue Sep 25, 2007 3:06 pm

I think what also should be done is to match the real amps and the simulated ones with frequency responses, but maybe they have already done that I don't know.

buttercam

Post by buttercam » Wed Sep 26, 2007 4:06 am

good impulses are definately the key element in guitar modeling. many people think that guitar 2 and amplitube 2 are complete crap but put an impulse behind them and its a whole different sound. With the next Revalver being all about metal and us having requesting so many high grade amps I'm sure we'll get quality impulses.

Guitarhacks impulses are definately a fav, as well as fredmans (or something like that).It really is remarkable how much changing the impulse changes the sound and feel.

ccosta

fredmans impulses

Post by ccosta » Wed Sep 26, 2007 4:14 am

fredmans impulses ? Here I can get those ? Im always looking for impulses.
I have made lots of impulses myself but dont match very well with Revalver but they sound good (not fav) with my hardware preamps.
I wish I had a Fender valve amp , a really clean and fat.

buttercam

Post by buttercam » Wed Sep 26, 2007 9:18 pm

here ya go.

http://www.esnips.com/doc/3dcd3d7c-8a11 ... n-Impulses

All credit goes to whoever created them.

The one called "EDGE -1 I Inch ala Sneap pic.wav" is one of my favorite go-to-impulses for modern high gain amps but works well under a lot of scenarios too.

ccosta

Thanks !

Post by ccosta » Thu Sep 27, 2007 4:11 am

Thansk buttercam ! This forum rules ! Im gone try it later.

buttercam

Post by buttercam » Fri Sep 28, 2007 2:02 am

no problem ccosta. I ge a lot of stuff from here:

http://www.guitarampmodeling.com/index.php

probably the best community site for overall amp sims and info. you have to register but its definately worth it. we keep our each to the grind and dish out the gossip on guitar modeling like highschool teenage girls.

**giggles and runs off**

seriously though, you can get a lot more impulses and everything from there.

Michael Ljunggren

Post by Michael Ljunggren » Fri Sep 28, 2007 2:06 am

buttercam wrote:Seriously though, you can get a lot more impulses and everything from there.
Yes, it is a great forum.
/Michael Ljunggren, Senior Software Engineer, Peavey Electronics
For personal messages, please do not PM me, send me an email and I'll try to answer right away! :-)
Please us this address: mljunggren (that sign in the middle) peavey-eu.com

ccosta

Thanks for the info

Post by ccosta » Fri Sep 28, 2007 4:19 am

Thanks for the info ! The impulses are only 3 but very good, they sound very good with my hardware preamp to.

nonchai

For us Archtop Jazz guitarists add the POLYTONE model

Post by nonchai » Mon Oct 01, 2007 8:24 am

A strange request in a way - since Polytone amps are - wait for it- Transistor !!

but for jazz guitarists it just has the tone. I used to own a lovely Burman Pro 501 valve amp - but believe it or not, for capturing the warmth and character of my Gibson L4 Archtop, switching to the Polytone was a revelation.

For those of us who play this style it would be great to have this amp included. It would make RVII more of an all rounder.

I now use this with my Ibanez PM120 and it sounds lovely.
Still love the RBII sounds though.

The "Matchless" clone sounds great for warm jazz too.

Nikko Daniels

Re: For us Archtop Jazz guitarists add the POLYTONE model

Post by Nikko Daniels » Mon Oct 01, 2007 8:37 am

nonchai wrote:......

What about Orange Amps? They had great clean sounds, and dirtied up very nicely as well...... :D

jassy

Re: For us Archtop Jazz guitarists add the POLYTONE model

Post by jassy » Mon Oct 01, 2007 9:06 am

nonchai wrote:A strange request in a way - since Polytone amps are - wait for it- Transistor !!

but for jazz guitarists it just has the tone. I used to own a lovely Burman Pro 501 valve amp - but believe it or not, for capturing the warmth and character of my Gibson L4 Archtop, switching to the Polytone was a revelation.

For those of us who play this style it would be great to have this amp included. It would make RVII more of an all rounder.

I now use this with my Ibanez PM120 and it sounds lovely.
Still love the RBII sounds though.

I absolutely vote also for that Polytone amp, great big fat and dark sound.
A twin reverb also would be great.

buttercam

Post by buttercam » Tue Oct 02, 2007 2:08 pm

has someone already mentioned an acoustic simulator like a Boss AC3? that specific pedal can model Standard, Jumbo, and Piezo-equipped acoustic sounds which would come in handy.

Also, +1 to the idea of pickup simulation. I've played around on some of the newer Digitech Processors and it really is pretty neat technology. To be able to get that telecaster spank or that shimmery clean strat sound then switch to a dirty preset not using the pickup simulator so it would be my chunky les paul growl.