DM 118 Sub - Polarity

This forum is for discussions on all kinds of Peavey speakers and enclosures.
leftaslide

DM 118 Sub - Polarity

Post by leftaslide » Mon Sep 21, 2020 11:21 am

New to using this sub. I ran from my mixer out into the sub then high pass out to two satellite speakers. Crossover knob was at about 3 o'clock position, but it felt like the satellites were getting too much bass. Is this where I would try the polarity switch? I'm pretty sure it was on Norm, not REV. I just don't want to overload my satellite speakers. Thanks.

Dookie

Re: DM 118 Sub - Polarity

Post by Dookie » Mon Sep 21, 2020 7:27 pm

1. Make sure your using the High Pass out to go up to your satellites.
2. Try turning the subwoofers Level on the left above the input jack all the way down to see if bass is reaching you tops. You shouldn't hear any to very
little bass with this turned down. Then bring it up to blend with the tops.
3. Depending on what you have for speakers for tops start with your crossover at the 12 O'clock position and again be sure to be using the High Pass
output. Most like around 100hz to start. I'm not sure where that would be on your sub's crossover knob.
Also to start have the Kosmos off and add it only if needed after you have the sub to top balanced out using the Subwoofers level control

What do you have for satellites speakers? With a make and model it may be easier to give you some ideas.

Doug

leftaslide

Re: DM 118 Sub - Polarity

Post by leftaslide » Tue Sep 22, 2020 1:31 pm

We're using JBL EON612 1000 watt speakers. I did run them out of the high pass outputs. I'll use your suggestions this weekend when we gig again and see what we get.