Factory reset on Vypyr VIP 1? Help Please!

A forum for discussing the Vypyr series amplifiers, Sanpera footswitches and share settings
Virtualman64

Factory reset on Vypyr VIP 1? Help Please!

Post by Virtualman64 » Sat Feb 13, 2016 1:36 pm

Hey guys,I wonder if anyone can explain to me how to return my VIP 1 to factory defaults? I have read the manual,and everything posted on the forums.I've tried it all to no avail.First I'm not even sure I am locating the right buttons A,B,C,and D etc.The front panel is not labeled that way.Anyway,I have tried pressing,and holding A,and B upon powering up for 4 to 5 seconds{assuming of course those are the inst/stomp,and amplifier buttons} but after that the amp always returns to the settings I had saved as does the footswitch. Is there something else I need to do after performing the reset,or am I doing it wrong altogether? Any help would be greatly appreciated.Thanks! :oops:

wmjones

Re: Factory reset on Vypyr VIP 1? Help Please!

Post by wmjones » Sun Feb 14, 2016 3:07 am

Buttons A,B,C and D are the bank buttons next to the input jack. Hold A and B for factory reset. This information is in the manual extras sheet that you can download.
8) HAPPY DAYS:

Virtualman64

Post by Virtualman64 » Sun Feb 14, 2016 10:05 am

Thanks dude! I assume you mean the small buttons to the left? I will give it a try.

dhgleaves

Post by dhgleaves » Sun Apr 19, 2020 4:00 am

Hi. This is an older thread, but I have a related question. If you do this factory reset, will it also reset any firmware updates that you have made? Thanks. David

wmjones

Post by wmjones » Thu Apr 23, 2020 8:55 pm

dhgleaves wrote:
Sun Apr 19, 2020 4:00 am
Hi. This is an older thread, but I have a related question. If you do this factory reset, will it also reset any firmware updates that you have made? Thanks. David
No, it only resets the factory defaults.
8) HAPPY DAYS:

dhgleaves

Post by dhgleaves » Sat Apr 25, 2020 8:34 pm

Thank you.