VSX editor software

A forum for discussing the VSX and share settings
Marty McCann

Re: VSX editor software

Post by Marty McCann » Mon Mar 14, 2016 12:57 pm

This is an old post. I still stand by my statements, which I am fairly sure some have not bothered to read.

The VSX GUI is really not the best way to learn the technology, as once again the slopes do not reflect the real DSP filter rolloffs. Please read my comments. I could say a lot more about the issues, but that is like saying bad things about the deceased.

Oh, and Semper Fi, Playboy did change their playbook.

Dano0369

Post by Dano0369 » Tue Mar 15, 2016 10:47 am

Hey Marty; I know this is an old post. I think a lot of users want a live adjust on the fly tool. I don't think this is a really good idea. Just like stick shift, some people cant drive it. some can. I messed up a couple of sticks out in the field. I carry 4 with me now with all the vsx26 and 48 presets plus the ones you built for me. I'll be happy to try the new stuff if it does get here any time soon. Thanks for being patient with some of us folks. A lot of brain cells have died between now and back then- aye!!! :arrow:
Dano0369

Marty McCann

Post by Marty McCann » Tue Mar 15, 2016 12:46 pm

Dano0369 wrote:Hell-o Sir: hang on, I have been told the vsx units are fixing to be refreshed. a new gui may be in the works. :arrow:
Yes, the new VSX DSP has a very good GUI that works. However, the new unit has a different engine under the hood. So it will not work with the older units.

Peaveypro

Post by Peaveypro » Thu Jun 09, 2016 2:09 am

Theyve actually updated and improved the VSX platform, why did it take so long, and those of us who have the editor software and have spent hours playing and trying and learning, should get a box of Omaha Steaks from HP....This could and should have been a better box, it had potential, and if theyve really improved it and refined it, my hats off to them but three or four years of these issues, I used to have a nice head of hair...gone with the presets I downloaded, Marty made the best set TO BE SURE, as his understanding of what its actually doing in that chipset was past ours..I owned the CEX 5 and it was a cool unit, worked great and had great processing....The VSX should have been worked on and refined long ago, the last thing any new DIGITAL convert needs is issues created by the DIGITAL THING A MA BOB and then little factory support...my thought is it was released way before its time, wasnt recieving the proper support other then those of us here in the forum, and its promises were far from its delivery. I hope the new version is the Giant Killer it was promised to be...Sound Engineering is hard enough with out the devices we buy changing there presets and making the job harder.
Frankly with the new DSP amps you really dont need the VSX or a black box between your mixer and speakers, if the amps have the ability to be programmed to work with your speakers in its onboard libray, your off to see the wizard, if not your back to creating and writing all the necessary digital mumbo jumbo, the DSP needs to have the Better speakers in its library allowing quick setup and operation.
Don Lanier
Pearl Pro Audio
Facebook.com/PearlProAudio

Dano0369

Post by Dano0369 » Thu Jun 09, 2016 12:39 pm

Insomia Don ? I agree. All that could be in the dsp version of the ipr's and pro lites. :arrow:
Dano0369

Josjor

Post by Josjor » Thu Jun 09, 2016 7:58 pm

You guys are correct, but.......

I'm damned glad to have something like the VSX around. I've got plenty of bucks in my CS and GPS amps and while they are heavy, they perform flawlessly for me and THEY ARE PAID FOR. Several times over, in fact. And they handle questionable power better, something I tend to run in to out here in the Wild West.

Did I mention they perform well and they're paid for?
www.yandasmusic.com
Don't believe me. I'm just guessing.
Neutiquam Erro

Bartman

Post by Bartman » Sun Jun 26, 2016 5:42 pm

Josjor wrote: I'm damned glad to have something like the VSX around. I've got plenty of bucks in my CS and GPS amps and while they are heavy, they perform flawlessly for me and THEY ARE PAID FOR. Several times over, in fact. And they handle questionable power better, something I tend to run in to out here in the Wild West.

Did I mention they perform well and they're paid for?
DITTO!!!

I still use my near indestructible GPS series amps nearly every weekend. They just keep going and going and going....

Cherrydogbrad

Post by Cherrydogbrad » Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:54 pm

Hey, did they ever fix the presets for the VSX? Or do they even offer them for d/l anymore?