Composite Acoustics & Peavey

This forum is for talking about all kinds of Peavey electric and acoustic guitars.
spmartin

Composite Acoustics & Peavey

Post by spmartin » Wed Aug 11, 2010 8:36 am

Anyone have inside information on when Peavey will be bringing to market their new carbon fiber line of guitars? Since acquiring the assets of Composite Acoustics Guitar Co., Lafayette, LA, I am sure they have been strategizing about the guitars in the line that make sense to bring to market. For those of us who own Composite Acoustics guitars, this is an exciting time!! We can't wait to see what Peavey does to make great guitars even better!

Roger Crimm

Re: Composite Acoustics & Peavey

Post by Roger Crimm » Wed Aug 11, 2010 9:25 am

There isn't a whole lot we can say just yet, but the production line and equipment is now in the process of being set up. The plans are to get CA back up and running asap, so expect to see some announcements in the VERY near future.
Roger Crimm
Service Manager
[email protected]

peaveylover

Post by peaveylover » Wed Aug 11, 2010 8:38 pm

Glad to hear that. Have looked at their line up and like the idea of a stable medium, kinda keeps everything in line. If my "ship :D " ever comes in I'd buy one. LE
T60
T40
T30
2 Predators (USA); (one by accident) One white, one black.
2 Epiphones; FT150 acoustic W/pup and a Studio Dot Semi-hollow.
Silvertone Strat copy
2 Washburns; one Delta KIng, one WI64 solid body.
Fender acoustic.
Crate GFX-30 amp.

spmartin

Post by spmartin » Sun Aug 15, 2010 8:26 am

Thanks Roger. There is a very active Carbon Fiber community, and they are waiting with baited breath to see what Peavey does. I think a majority of the folks I know have positive expectations about Peavey acquiring the CA assets. Personally, I encourage you to keep the CA brand. It has a good reputation. All the best to you!

Roger Crimm

Post by Roger Crimm » Mon Aug 16, 2010 4:44 pm

I have checked out the MacNichol forums, and it is great that the response has been so positive. The plan is to definitely retain the CA brand on the instruments.
Roger Crimm
Service Manager
[email protected]

GennyFan

Post by GennyFan » Mon Aug 16, 2010 10:14 pm

Roger Crimm wrote:There isn't a whole lot we can say just yet, but the production line and equipment is now in the process of being set up. The plans are to get CA back up and running asap, so expect to see some announcements in the VERY near future.
It would be great if these were going to be made in the USA.

Roger Crimm

Post by Roger Crimm » Tue Aug 17, 2010 8:29 am

They are going to be manufactured right here in Meridian, MS USA.
Roger Crimm
Service Manager
[email protected]

Frank N. Peavey

Post by Frank N. Peavey » Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:17 am

:D

That's good to hear!
Tony
ITOC #05-00013

T-63, 5 T-60s, T-20, Hydra, Mantis LT, Mystic, Odyssey, 3 Patriot tremolos, Patriot Bass, 2 Predators, 2 Raptor I, Razer, Reactor, Retro Fire, 3 Rockmasters, 2 Bandits, Backstage, Vypyr 30, Vypyr VIP 2

GennyFan

Post by GennyFan » Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:24 pm

Roger Crimm wrote:They are going to be manufactured right here in Meridian, MS USA.
AWESOME! That's some of the best news I've heard all week! :mrgreen: 8) :mrgreen: 8) :mrgreen:

spmartin

Post by spmartin » Sun Sep 19, 2010 3:29 pm

Roger Crimm wrote:They are going to be manufactured right here in Meridian, MS USA.
Any update you can give us on the CF guitars coming??? We are so anxious. How about a time frame for the announcement? :D

Roger Crimm

Post by Roger Crimm » Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:56 am

The official product launch will most likely be at the Winter NAMM show in January.
Roger Crimm
Service Manager
[email protected]

spmartin

Post by spmartin » Tue Sep 21, 2010 1:43 pm

Roger Crimm wrote:The official product launch will most likely be at the Winter NAMM show in January.
Thanks Roger! That just seems so far away!! I'm surprised that Peavey wants to miss the Christmas buying season!

Roger Crimm

Post by Roger Crimm » Tue Sep 21, 2010 3:47 pm

Doing these products RIGHT is the priority, even if it takes a little longer.

Again, I can't say too much just yet, but there are a couple of reasons for the wait that I think would be ok to touch on.

There have been a lot of suggestions on changes that current CA fans and customers would like to see. For now I will only say, we are paying attention! Look for an even better product going forward.

There is also a learning curve involved here, and more involved in manufacturing these than setting up the equipment and turning the old production crank. Again, we believe it is important to get these RIGHT from the start up.

Having guitars ready to ship at product launch is another reason for the wait.
Roger Crimm
Service Manager
[email protected]

GennyFan

Post by GennyFan » Tue Sep 21, 2010 10:24 pm

Roger Crimm wrote:Doing these products RIGHT is the priority, even if it takes a little longer...

Having guitars ready to ship at product launch is another reason for the wait.
Sounds good to me! And please make sure the proper sized cases are ordered in time and ready to go too! :wink: :oops:

ps. Can you give us a hint about street prices? Just a general range would be fine. If not, that's understandable too.

elninobrown

Post by elninobrown » Wed Sep 29, 2010 12:35 pm

I was the guitar tech at CA,and I'm really glad these guitars will be built with the CA name on it.They are such good instruments,I used them on three of my bands albums for all the acoustic parts.Peavey is a great company and I like seeing them produce these guitars in the USA!!!
Cheers,
Birdman