What do you miss in ReValver Mk II?

ReValver Mk II for Windows and Mac OSX, product discussion. This is a user-to-user forum, and not product support.

Moderators: Michael Ljunggren, ReValver Support Team

ssegulja

Post by ssegulja » Wed Dec 26, 2007 12:38 pm

A MXR Zakk Wylde distortion would be nice!
Very unique sound!

phazerz

Post by phazerz » Thu Dec 27, 2007 7:01 am

fuzz pedals !!
amps :
Marshall JCM2000
deluxe or vibrolux, super reverb..

New menu with columns to choose and organize presets and the same for RIR cabs menu....

Jason Tyndale

Post by Jason Tyndale » Thu Dec 27, 2007 8:00 am

just for kicks.. would LOVE to see a Mesa Triaxis. Would be sweet to see that in my Revalver MkII rack.

I could combine that with the Power section of the Kitty, and the Mark IIc+ for leads. Perhaps a Mark IV.

LarsErik

Post by LarsErik » Fri Dec 28, 2007 4:52 am

LarsErik wrote:
Moderator wrote:
LarsErik wrote:In the mk3 I would like to have store a description text with each RIIIProgram/preset where I can put in stuff like what pedals I used and their settings etc etc.

Sincerely
LarsErik
It was sometime suggested I did a "description module" which only purpose was to hold text. Would that be meaningful, or do you want it in another way?
Well I was thinking one text block per Preset/RIIProgram would be enough. However the description module is perhaps a better approach actually. That way if someone want so write a small novel about each module in a RIIIProgram they can.

LarsErik
Perhaps a "T" button close to the "Load", "Save" and "Tweak" buttons on each module that pops up a multiline textbox is a cleaner solution then a description module. The "T" button could have a different color or somehting when there's some text written into the textbox.

/LarsErik

Michael Ljunggren

Post by Michael Ljunggren » Fri Dec 28, 2007 6:10 am

LarsErik wrote: Perhaps a "T" button close to the "Load", "Save" and "Tweak" buttons on each module that pops up a multiline textbox is a cleaner solution then a description module. The "T" button could have a different color or somehting when there's some text written into the textbox.

/LarsErik
Very clean and intuitive solution. If I do add descriptions on a per module basis, this would be the way. Thank you very much!
/Michael Ljunggren, Senior Software Engineer, Peavey Electronics
For personal messages, please do not PM me, send me an email and I'll try to answer right away! :-)
Please us this address: mljunggren (that sign in the middle) peavey-eu.com

cactuseskimo

Post by cactuseskimo » Wed Jan 02, 2008 10:26 am

Michael, if it's not already added, a Tape delay Effect like a Maestro EchoPlex or a Roland Space Echo. Two renowned vintage units.

Actually, something easier to get might be the Wem/Watkins Copycat echo. Several on Ebay with lots of tape loops.

Anyway, a tape delay is probably the most desirable delay effect to have these days.

Michael Ljunggren

Post by Michael Ljunggren » Wed Jan 02, 2008 10:30 am

cactuseskimo wrote:Michael, if it's not already added, a Tape delay Effect like a Maestro EchoPlex or a Roland Space Echo. Two renowned vintage units.

Actually, something easier to get might be the Wem/Watkins Copycat echo. Several on Ebay with lots of tape loops.

Anyway, a tape delay is probably the most desirable delay effect to have these days.
Would a convolution reverb be sufficient, or do you want to tweak a lot of parameters?
/Michael Ljunggren, Senior Software Engineer, Peavey Electronics
For personal messages, please do not PM me, send me an email and I'll try to answer right away! :-)
Please us this address: mljunggren (that sign in the middle) peavey-eu.com

cactuseskimo

Post by cactuseskimo » Wed Jan 02, 2008 10:55 am

Moderator wrote:
cactuseskimo wrote:Michael, if it's not already added, a Tape delay Effect like a Maestro EchoPlex or a Roland Space Echo. Two renowned vintage units.

Would a convolution reverb be sufficient, or do you want to tweak a lot of parameters?
Um . . . :?

A convolution reverb is just a physical space (or reverb unit) that's been convoluted.

A delay is quite different, and a tape delay even more.

I suppose you could convolute one of the above mentioned units, but it would only give you it to you at the precise setting the unit is at.

A tape delay is so desirable because:

1) It is naturally lo-fi with darkening/filtered sounding repeats

2) Units like the echoplex (not the current Gibson one - the Maestro Echoplex - a tube driven, tape based unit) add their own unique distortion into the signal (tape saturation)

3) The tape is often worn or doesn't play at a consistent speed adding flange/vibrato effects into the echo.

There are a couple emulations on the net:

http://www.kvraudio.com/get/891.html

http://www.kvraudio.com/get/2919.html

GR3, POD XT, BOSS GT8, Digitech, etc. all have 1 or more models based on a Tape Delay.

I know I can just add one in the vst effect slot (thanks) but it would still be easier all in the same package I guess.

droberts

Post by droberts » Thu Jan 03, 2008 4:50 pm

I am not sure if this came by and is probably to late for any new version of revalver. but who knows...

When using midi learn to assign the expression pedal to a certain parameter it should also be possible to assign a minimum and maximum value for the specific assignment. For example, when assigning the pedal to the dry/wet parameter of a delay effect, I usually want the maximum value when pressing the pedal totally down to be in the range of 25% to 50%. Not the full 100% of the parameter.

Most hardware units have this option and I think it is an 'almost' essential option.

ps, while I am writing, the three things I love from 'that other product' are the rotator (sounds great, the magnavibe just doesn't sound the same), the electric lady (just love this flanger) and the twin-reverb (just the verb, not the amp).
If they were in revalver, it would make it complete for me.

Thierr7

Post by Thierr7 » Thu Jan 10, 2008 10:49 am

It's too bad ' I can't see what type of cabs is being used once it's been chosen ! why not a highlight ?

Besides of that , I'm so happy i bought ReMK2 ! GTR sounds like a toy at side !

I'm just a bit worried about spending too much time tweaking it !

This is pretty addictive ! ( 'cancelled Guitar teaching today for staying home , building presets ! ) LOL ...

Thierry ,

New Revalver MK2 addict !!! :D

lastcaress83

Post by lastcaress83 » Mon Jan 21, 2008 10:10 pm

With the inclusion of a tweakable Baxandall tone stack I'll be sold. :D

JustinAiken

Post by JustinAiken » Wed Jan 30, 2008 11:13 am

I just hope all the graphics are left unencrypted in simple formats so that users can change the graphics on the non-peavey amps to say the real thing...

lastcaress83

Post by lastcaress83 » Sun Feb 03, 2008 10:06 am

In the future I'd really like to see a fully editable audio processing electrical component simulation with the ability to invent/insert switches, hi-pass and lo-pass filters, resistors, caps etc. into unlimited (or nearly) combinations. If the component activity is accurately modeled I don't see how this could be too terribly difficult and it would revolutionize the way amp companies design circuits because they could test out different configurations without having to spend muchas dollars on the hardware.

Clawfinger

Post by Clawfinger » Tue Feb 12, 2008 1:52 pm

Moderator wrote:
jimiyves wrote:That's fun. Because I love using with the RIR the Hi res and not the resample in order to have great tones, but it's difficult for my comp :P .
That is the single most cpu intensive config in the whole program. It may be possible to optimize that part further in the future.
Have you thought about apply some windowing or an "add-on" application tool to optimize the IR's? A 20ms IR of a cab is more than enough, so...
I don't really need a signature...

Clawfinger

Post by Clawfinger » Tue Feb 12, 2008 1:55 pm

Moderator wrote:
LarsErik wrote: Perhaps a "T" button close to the "Load", "Save" and "Tweak" buttons on each module that pops up a multiline textbox is a cleaner solution then a description module. The "T" button could have a different color or somehting when there's some text written into the textbox.

/LarsErik
Very clean and intuitive solution. If I do add descriptions on a per module basis, this would be the way. Thank you very much!
Maybe an option in the preferences to "show info at load up" or something, little bit Reason style.
I don't really need a signature...