What do you miss in ReValver Mk II?

ReValver Mk II for Windows and Mac OSX, product discussion. This is a user-to-user forum, and not product support.

Moderators: Michael Ljunggren, ReValver Support Team

cactuseskimo

Post by cactuseskimo » Tue Nov 13, 2007 7:49 am

nonchai wrote:stick rvII in a muse receptor and there u have all u need
everything I need except the dough to buy the muse. :?

Stug3

Post by Stug3 » Fri Nov 23, 2007 6:14 pm

Well, I didn't read all the twenty pages :D and perhaps this was not new, but given Revalver II is able to modify electronic components, why not to allow to change amps and effects skins by the user, or even not only to change them but a way to make brand new ones? If I can make my own amp in Revalver II, it would be natural to make custom skins also, right?

Best regards

FrankZappa

Post by FrankZappa » Fri Nov 30, 2007 7:44 am

Stug3 wrote:Well, I didn't read all the twenty pages :D and perhaps this was not new, but given Revalver II is able to modify electronic components, why not to allow to change amps and effects skins by the user, or even not only to change them but a way to make brand new ones? If I can make my own amp in Revalver II, it would be natural to make custom skins also, right?

Best regards
You can do that already, you just have to change the .xrc file if you want the knobs positioned elswhere, so it requires some hacking skills but all the background images and knob overlays are editable.

alvarog

Post by alvarog » Sun Dec 09, 2007 4:28 pm

b03tz wrote:I, personally, would like to see a pitch pedal :)

Every program has it, and not that that's just a reason to do it but it would be cool...i like to experiment with that stuff. And i'm sure more current/upcoming users would :)
You read my mind..... a whammy pedal is the only thing i miss in the stomp area.. would be great!

An ENGL Powerball emulation would be great too.

rockyxa

Post by rockyxa » Tue Dec 11, 2007 9:55 am

Now, when we got this 20-page wishlist, what we must remember is to focus on MY ideas 8)

My excellent joking aside, since i play mostly metal, the amps i would love in Revalver are pretty much the top of the line metal amps:

Mesa Boogie Mark IV (or MarkIIC+)
ENGL Powerball or SE
Bogner Uberschall
Diezel VH4

By the way, are there still plans for an all metal version of Revalver?

Jason Tyndale

Post by Jason Tyndale » Tue Dec 11, 2007 12:22 pm

rockyxa wrote:Now, when we got this 20-page wishlist, what we must remember is to focus on MY ideas 8)

My excellent joking aside, since i play mostly metal, the amps i would love in Revalver are pretty much the top of the line metal amps:

Mesa Boogie Mark IV (or MarkIIC+)
ENGL Powerball or SE
Bogner Uberschall
Diezel VH4

By the way, are there still plans for an all metal version of Revalver?
May I add to this wonderful list a Splawn Nitro.

HOTRIFF

Post by HOTRIFF » Tue Dec 11, 2007 1:41 pm

HI,

Laboga-Jeff Waters (Annihilator) would be a nice tool for some cool Metal Riffs 8)

Radley

Re: Mesa Boogie Mark IIc+

Post by Radley » Fri Dec 14, 2007 12:37 pm

brettlingle wrote:I must say I can't wait for the release of the Mac version of Revalver II. I downloaded the Beta version and I must say it kicks ass!!! I have tried all the others on the market and even had a PODXT Pro for awhile (which I sold sounded like crap). I read through the whole post for what do you miss in Revalver II and everyone asking for Deizels, Bogners, Soldano's, ect ,ect but they failed to mention one amp in particular, the "Holy Grail " of all guitar amplifiers the Mesa Boogie Mark IIc+ . Anybody who has played one will tell you hands down its the best sounding amp ever made period. It kills anything even out today.I am sure I can get a bunch of people to back me up on this. This is the mother of all amps. It's great for everything. Metallica used it on Master Of Puppets, Dream Theater just to name a couple heavy bands. But there are also other artists with incredible tones that have used this amp through the years such as Steve Vai, Stevie Ray Vaughn, Frank Gambale, and Alan Holdsworth just to name a few. I have longed to own this amp ever since I played one at a Guitar Center and the fact that they Mesa Boogie will never make another one is a pretty good reason to model it! It also has a score of perfect 10's across the board at Harmony Central which I have never seen for any other amp. If you don't believe me go to Harmony Central and see for yourself. This is the amp I would like to seen modeled here because from what I heard so far you guys would be able to pull it off.
Brett Lingle

The Mesa Mk 2C+ is truly a unique sounding amp - very high gain but smooth with a soft, liquid midrange which is not the least bit "honky". Almost every modeler has offered a "take" on it, but none has even remotely pulled it off, IMO. If ReValver did an accurate model of this amp, it would be a huge & prestigious accomplishment that I believe would sell many copies of ReValver, for the sake of that model alone. NOTE: Some selectable post-distortion EQ should be included to achieve the typical V-shaped curve used by most Mk 2C users with the 5-band graphic EQ, especially for heavier styles.

I am currently testing the lastest Mac demo of RV2, and must say that I am very impressed so far ;o) Since I am a tinkerer with an electronics background, I love the way I can tweak each amp's internal circuitry - what a hoot! ;o) Very good work on the part of Alien Connections.

~Radley~
Last edited by Radley on Fri Dec 14, 2007 7:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Radley

Ability to change resistor & cap values, etc.

Post by Radley » Fri Dec 14, 2007 12:48 pm

I too would like to see RV2 give us the ability to change resistor & coupling cap values, especially within the tone stacks - maybe even build our own amp circuits (this is truly cutting edge stuff, folks!) Keep in mind that you don't have to know electronics theory to learn how to tweak RV2's internal amp circuitry (that's the beauty) - you only have to use your ear & learn what tweaks get what you're after, and it is well worth the time invested. :o

~Radley~

Jason Tyndale

Re: Mesa Boogie Mark IIc+

Post by Jason Tyndale » Fri Dec 14, 2007 3:09 pm

Radley wrote:Re: Mesa Boogie Mark IIc+
<snip>If ReValver did an accurate model of this amp, it would be a huge & prestigious accomplishment that I believe would sell many copies of ReValver, for the sake of that model alone.
~Radley~
i TOTALLY agree!!

Michael, got yer ears on?

LarsErik

Post by LarsErik » Tue Dec 18, 2007 3:36 pm

In the mk3 I would like to have store a description text with each RIIIProgram/preset where I can put in stuff like what pedals I used and their settings etc etc.

Sincerely
LarsErik

Michael Ljunggren

Post by Michael Ljunggren » Tue Dec 18, 2007 3:41 pm

LarsErik wrote:In the mk3 I would like to have store a description text with each RIIIProgram/preset where I can put in stuff like what pedals I used and their settings etc etc.

Sincerely
LarsErik
It was sometime suggested I did a "description module" which only purpose was to hold text. Would that be meaningful, or do you want it in another way?
/Michael Ljunggren, Senior Software Engineer, Peavey Electronics
For personal messages, please do not PM me, send me an email and I'll try to answer right away! :-)
Please us this address: mljunggren (that sign in the middle) peavey-eu.com

LarsErik

Post by LarsErik » Tue Dec 18, 2007 4:55 pm

Moderator wrote:
LarsErik wrote:In the mk3 I would like to have store a description text with each RIIIProgram/preset where I can put in stuff like what pedals I used and their settings etc etc.

Sincerely
LarsErik
It was sometime suggested I did a "description module" which only purpose was to hold text. Would that be meaningful, or do you want it in another way?
Well I was thinking one text block per Preset/RIIProgram would be enough. However the description module is perhaps a better approach actually. That way if someone want so write a small novel about each module in a RIIIProgram they can.

LarsErik

LarsErik

Post by LarsErik » Fri Dec 21, 2007 8:06 am

I would like to have a easier way to manage custom impulse files for the RIR module.

Today using RMK2 I renamed my downloaded impulses to .ewav and organized them in folders. But since the dropdownlist shows both folder names and filename I end up not seeing the actual impulse name just the folder names.

So either the dropdownlist gets wider or some other way of browsing impulses would be nice IMHO.

Sincerely
LarsErik

Michael Ljunggren

Post by Michael Ljunggren » Fri Dec 21, 2007 9:07 am

LarsErik wrote:I would like to have a easier way to manage custom impulse files for the RIR module.

Today using RMK2 I renamed my downloaded impulses to .ewav and organized them in folders. But since the dropdownlist shows both folder names and filename I end up not seeing the actual impulse name just the folder names.

So either the dropdownlist gets wider or some other way of browsing impulses would be nice IMHO.

Sincerely
LarsErik
A wider drop down is simple enough. I'd like to see a better overall import functionality though.
/Michael Ljunggren, Senior Software Engineer, Peavey Electronics
For personal messages, please do not PM me, send me an email and I'll try to answer right away! :-)
Please us this address: mljunggren (that sign in the middle) peavey-eu.com