What do you miss in ReValver Mk II?

ReValver Mk II for Windows and Mac OSX, product discussion. This is a user-to-user forum, and not product support.

Moderators: Michael Ljunggren, ReValver Support Team

Michael Ljunggren

Post by Michael Ljunggren » Tue Oct 30, 2007 3:59 am

lppier wrote:This is the first software that I really GASsed for within a week of trying it out. I am usually very careful with my purchases ;) I'm in!
Cool!
/Michael Ljunggren, Senior Software Engineer, Peavey Electronics
For personal messages, please do not PM me, send me an email and I'll try to answer right away! :-)
Please us this address: mljunggren (that sign in the middle) peavey-eu.com

nonchai

Post by nonchai » Tue Oct 30, 2007 7:52 am

[quote="lppier"] Since any user can already "redesign" the internals of any amp [quote="Moderator"]

Actually - how about just taking the "tweak" feature further and allowing anyone to create their own circuit schematic out of the virtual components!.

this would allow anyone who knows how ( or not ) to put together and share their own circuit designs.

The guys at alien connections could then spend more time on just getting the simulated individual components ( chiefly the valves and capacitors i suspect ) to sound and behave more realistically, and do all the sophisticated DSP stuff, while leaving the "enthusiasts" to scour the world/net for circuit schematics!. Native Instruments do something similar to this in their REAKTOR software to alow guys to design their own synths and effects.

Instead of new amp designs, AC could then just increase the variety of electronic components supported.

Now naturally only someone with electronics knowledge would be able to do this, but i suspect theres quite a few guitarists out there who can do this.

Maybe just adding the ability to read "SPICE" circuit schematic files would be a start.

GrantsV

Post by GrantsV » Mon Nov 05, 2007 8:52 am

Has anyone asked for Marshall JMP-1, ADA-MP1, Triaxis Preamps? These units would cover a huge range of artists of the 80's/90's.

And perhaps the rackmount poweramps to go with them e.g. Mesa 20/20 and Stereo Simuli 2Ninety, Marshall EL34 100/100 valve poweramp.

My personal favorite would be a 70's Non-Master Volume Marshall e.g. Marshall Mark II 50-watt heads as used by Malmsteen, Van Halen, Uli Roth, Randy Rhoads. But the BandMaster does a great job!

Best of luck with future developments,
Colin
Adagio - The Finest Strings For Fine Artists

shaolin99

Post by shaolin99 » Tue Nov 06, 2007 7:37 am

A great amp to model would be the Diezel VH-4. TOOL's guitar player Adam Jones uses two of these in his live setup and the sound he gets is nothing short of amazing. Even tough I think Revalver II is a great modeller. I myself have just changed over to it from a Boss GT-8 (with the Harmonic Converger). I think it would be difficult (if not impossible) to get the sound that Adam Jones has without having the real deal :( But my hope is that a modeller one day can do it (or get close).. Revalver is looking VERY promising. Keep up the good work :D

http://www.diezelamplification.com/

hydrohell

Post by hydrohell » Tue Nov 06, 2007 12:41 pm

Guys, what is really needed is a Michael cloning device.

Klemperer

Post by Klemperer » Wed Nov 07, 2007 8:25 am

...well, first step would be something every other ampsim and each and every vst-plugin has already.
To be able to actually READ if you re-load a song, which of your presets you used, instead of getting the "introduction" page, (but the ampsim is loaded like you saved it of course). All other vsts, without an exception I would know of, have it, so it would just be userfriendly to get it after so many months it was asked for by guitarzan, asseca, me and as far as I know some others.

ccosta

Christmas

Post by ccosta » Wed Nov 07, 2007 8:33 am

Michael , Christmas is coming !

What about a gift in form of a Fuzz pedal module to all registed Revalver users ?

Lets all write to Santa , asking for it , lol !

smackbanger

Post by smackbanger » Wed Nov 07, 2007 3:09 pm

Not sure if this one's been mentioned yet, but I've noticed that if you use ReValver with a personal impulse file, and save everything as a preset... when you re-load the preset, even though the impulse file also gets loaded, you can't see the name of it. This doesn't happen if you use one of the impulse files in the drop-down... just when you "load" one hidden on your hard drive somewhere.

There should also be naked pics of Selma Hayek in the documentation.

Cheers.

Nikko Daniels

Post by Nikko Daniels » Wed Nov 07, 2007 4:21 pm

smackbanger wrote:... if you use ReValver with a personal impulse file, and save everything as a preset... when you re-load the preset, even though the impulse file also gets loaded, you can't see the name of it. This doesn't happen if you use one of the impulse files in the drop-down... just when you "load" one hidden on your hard drive somewhere.
If you just rename all your *.wav impulse files to *.ewav the names show up just fine and will appear in your dropdown as well :D
There should also be naked pics of Selma Hayek in the documentation...
...as long as they're not too recent...... :twisted:

guitarzan

Post by guitarzan » Wed Nov 07, 2007 5:07 pm

Nikko Daniels wrote:
smackbanger wrote:... if you use ReValver with a personal impulse file, and save everything as a preset... when you re-load the preset, even though the impulse file also gets loaded, you can't see the name of it. This doesn't happen if you use one of the impulse files in the drop-down... just when you "load" one hidden on your hard drive somewhere.
If you just rename all your *.wav impulse files to *.ewav the names show up just fine and will appear in your dropdown as well :D
I really don't understand this ewav stuff - seems like a big pain in the ass to me. It works the other way around too - I've renamed one of the IRs that come with RVMKII to a .wav and it worked perfectly with no difference I could hear. Why not just use standard IRs and be done with it? It's kind of a fly in the ointment of the best cab sim around IMO.

smackbanger

Post by smackbanger » Wed Nov 07, 2007 6:32 pm

Nikko Daniels wrote: If you just rename all your *.wav impulse files to *.ewav the names show up just fine and will appear in your dropdown as well :D
Sweet... thanks... will give it a go.
I find that if you rename Selma to eSelma, then she loses about 10 years :P.

lppier

Post by lppier » Sat Nov 10, 2007 11:22 am

How about tying up with a hardware manufacturer to make a multi-effect pedal that is based on Revalver MKII eventually? I really do think that the models are good enough to give the other amp modellers a run for their money.
Also, I suspect that the majority of guitarists still aren't very comfortable lugging a laptop to gigs... it just isn't very... rock :p

lppier

Post by lppier » Sat Nov 10, 2007 11:23 am

How about tying up with a hardware manufacturer to make a multi-effect pedal that is based on Revalver eventually? I really do think that the models are good enough to give the other amp modellers a run for their money. Expression pedal is a must!
Also, I suspect that the majority of guitarists still aren't very comfortable lugging a laptop to gigs... it just isn't very... rock :p

nonchai

Post by nonchai » Sun Nov 11, 2007 9:39 pm

stick rvII in a muse receptor and there u have all u need

b03tz

Post by b03tz » Tue Nov 13, 2007 1:40 am

I, personally, would like to see a pitch pedal :)

Every program has it, and not that that's just a reason to do it but it would be cool...i like to experiment with that stuff. And i'm sure more current/upcoming users would :)
Intel E6600 Dual Core @ 3,4 Ghz
OCZ 2GB Gaming Memory 950Mhz PC7200
Creative Sound Blaster Audigy 4 Pro
Waves GTR3 || A.C RevalVer || Studio Devil || Amplitube || GuitarRig || Adobe Audition 3.0 || Fruity Loops || EzDrummer + Drumkit From Hell