What do you miss in ReValver Mk II?

ReValver Mk II for Windows and Mac OSX, product discussion. This is a user-to-user forum, and not product support.

Moderators: Michael Ljunggren, ReValver Support Team

dimitar

Post by dimitar » Sun Oct 28, 2007 4:33 am

Graham thanks for the album!!! Great songs and sound!
:)

Dimi

Michael Ljunggren

Post by Michael Ljunggren » Sun Oct 28, 2007 4:48 am

lppier wrote:When was Revalver MKII released? When will the next version be coming out? Just got into this software and I am mighty impressed.
Mk II was released December 2006 for PC and Mars for Mac.

Mk III will not be released this year for certain... More info along the way.
/Michael Ljunggren, Senior Software Engineer, Peavey Electronics
For personal messages, please do not PM me, send me an email and I'll try to answer right away! :-)
Please us this address: mljunggren (that sign in the middle) peavey-eu.com

Strings

Post by Strings » Sun Oct 28, 2007 5:09 am

Kind words indeed Dimi - could this mean that you'd like to see a Watkins Dominator included in Revalver?

I'm glad you like the album - there's plenty more to download if you fancy it. Just go to the website (www.grahamfoster.net) and select the "música" tab. It's iin Spanish only I'm afraid - I really must get around to translating it into English. You'll find a selection of things to listen to and more albums to download. The record company that I was with collapsed leaving me the rights to the recordings so I've decided to give them away. A few bits and pieces seem to be cropping up lately on YouTube too - most of it's crap but you may find something you like, who knows ...

Thanks once again,

Graham

Michael Ljunggren

Post by Michael Ljunggren » Sun Oct 28, 2007 5:17 am

Strings wrote:Kind words indeed Dimi - could this mean that you'd like to see a Watkins Dominator included in Revalver?

I'm glad you like the album - there's plenty more to download if you fancy it. Just go to the website (www.grahamfoster.net) and select the "música" tab. It's iin Spanish only I'm afraid - I really must get around to translating it into English. You'll find a selection of things to listen to and more albums to download. The record company that I was with collapsed leaving me the rights to the recordings so I've decided to give them away. A few bits and pieces seem to be cropping up lately on YouTube too - most of it's crap but you may find something you like, who knows ...

Thanks once again,

Graham
Man this is great! Why do you give it away for free?
For personal messages, please do not PM me, send me an email and I'll try to answer right away! :-)

dimitar

Post by dimitar » Sun Oct 28, 2007 5:19 am

Yeah I will support you with my vote for Watkins Dominator :)
I'm watching your youtube clips now :D

Strings

Post by Strings » Sun Oct 28, 2007 6:30 am

Moderator wrote: Man this is great! Why do you give it away for free?
Basically in 30+ years of making records I've never made enough money to take it seriously as a form of income - I survive thanks to live work. Since the record company folded I've had so many people asking me to do them copies of the albums that I figured it was easier to just make them available for free. Plus it's an effective way of breaking with the past and looking ahead to the next album, which I'm in the process of demoing indoors - with Revalver of course.

So there you are - mind you I could have summed it all up in one word: laziness. Now to the nitty-gritty: are the 3 of us (cactuseskimo, dimitar and myself) in with a chance of getting the Watkins Dominator? Either way Michael, thanks for you encouragement and of course for Revalver - I can't believe that I was considering selling my copy on this forum only a few weeks back - a big thank you to those who talked me into keeping it - I'd be lost without it now.

Dimi - you're very brave sitting through those mobile telephone YouTube clips - I haven't seen them all yet and hopefully never will. IMO this is the only one that I've seen that sounds half-way decent : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vUJ33qmUgJs - and I've just seen your YouTube clip - really masterful guitar playing. In fact I've absolutely no idea what you're doing - where do all those notes come from? Are you sure you only have 5 fingers on your left hand?

Cheers,
Graham

Nikko Daniels

Post by Nikko Daniels » Sun Oct 28, 2007 11:17 am

I'll add my name to that list, please! :wink: :D

Thank you Graham for the album! :shock: 8)

Michael, if you haven't already seen it, I believe this is a link to a schematic for the Watkins Dominator....
http://mhuss.com/18watt/schematics/Watk ... tor_15.jpg

and here's another... http://www.freeinfosociety.com/electron ... inator.pdf

Michael Ljunggren

Post by Michael Ljunggren » Sun Oct 28, 2007 11:24 am

Nikko Daniels wrote:Michael, if you haven't already seen it, I believe this is a link to a schematic for the Watkins Dominator....
Considering all the requests, I have looked it up ;-) Thanks.

ccosta

New cab ir´s

Post by ccosta » Sun Oct 28, 2007 3:34 pm

Can I ask this ?

In the new version will be there new cab´s ir´s to macth the new amps ?

I think we overlook the need to have a cab to macth the amp, and if possible with several mics and mic techniques.

Michael Ljunggren

Re: New cab ir´s

Post by Michael Ljunggren » Sun Oct 28, 2007 4:04 pm

ccosta wrote:Can I ask this ?

I think we overlook the need to have a cab to macth the amp, and if possible with several mics and mic techniques.
Ask away. It is very likely. For every amp I can get my hands on, I will see to they are sampled.

cactuseskimo

Post by cactuseskimo » Sun Oct 28, 2007 8:30 pm

Moderator wrote:

Ask away. It is very likely. For every amp I can get my hands on, I will see to they are sampled.
I think what he might be talking about is having a "default" cab impulse for each amp.

For example, the FOXY amp and the FOXY 2X12 IR.

I think all the amps should have the speaker impulsed and named the same.

-Kitty amp, Kitty 4X12 IR
-Bluesmaker, Bluesmaker IR
-etc.

These should give the perfect starting point and the default generic sound of the amp.

FrankZappa

Post by FrankZappa » Mon Oct 29, 2007 3:19 am

cactuseskimo wrote:
Moderator wrote:

I think what he might be talking about is having a "default" cab impulse for each amp.

For example, the FOXY amp and the FOXY 2X12 IR.

I think all the amps should have the speaker impulsed and named the same.

-Kitty amp, Kitty 4X12 IR
-Bluesmaker, Bluesmaker IR
-etc.

These should give the perfect starting point and the default generic sound of the amp.
And beg guitarhack to let you use his impulses as default 8)

ccosta

Post by ccosta » Mon Oct 29, 2007 9:44 am

Moderator wrote:

Im assuming that you dont have a house full of amps/cabs , so thats fair !

lafours

Post by lafours » Mon Oct 29, 2007 1:51 pm

just registered mark II and really liking it...

but I would like to see...

and Orange Rockerverb

a Randall Rh-100

a Soldano or 80's hair metal sounding Marshall hot rod type amp

a Bad Cat amp ( any of them..there all amazing!)

an mxr phase 90 , 117 flanger, and a tape echo

lppier

Post by lppier » Tue Oct 30, 2007 3:47 am

I am about to purchase this software. I think that one good thing you can add is the ability to swap amp/effect modules among users. Since any user can already "redesign" the internals of any amp, I reckon that would really put the competition to shame.
More crazy effect boxes like GR2/GR3 would be great. Personally I feel the GR doesn't have the feel of a amp but is great for crazy sounds unachievable with analog gear.

This is the first software that I really GASsed for within a week of trying it out. I am usually very careful with my purchases ;) I'm in!

Pier.
Moderator wrote:
lppier wrote:When was Revalver MKII released? When will the next version be coming out? Just got into this software and I am mighty impressed.
Mk II was released December 2006 for PC and Mars for Mac.

Mk III will not be released this year for certain... More info along the way.