What do you miss in ReValver Mk II?

ReValver Mk II for Windows and Mac OSX, product discussion. This is a user-to-user forum, and not product support.

Moderators: Michael Ljunggren, ReValver Support Team

Michael Ljunggren

Post by Michael Ljunggren » Tue Oct 02, 2007 3:14 pm

buttercam wrote:has someone already mentioned an acoustic simulator like...
Yup, a couple of times :wink:
/Michael Ljunggren, Senior Software Engineer, Peavey Electronics
For personal messages, please do not PM me, send me an email and I'll try to answer right away! :-)
Please us this address: mljunggren (that sign in the middle) peavey-eu.com

cactuseskimo

Post by cactuseskimo » Tue Oct 02, 2007 4:05 pm

Watkins dominator
Orange AD30

And Other cooool amps that others haven't bothered to model:

Magnatone (didn't you model the tremolo from this amp - where's the amp itself?), Gibson GA30RVt (or other models), Selmer, Vox Supreme/Defiant, etc.

While I think Revalver could stand to have a couple more "standard fare" amps such as a Fender Twin (or Deluxe) and a Marshall Plexi (I personally don't like these much, but I know others do),

I think Revalver MkIII is a great opportunity to model some rarer amps that the other companies haven't, and add to the already "unique" character of Revalver.

ccosta

Post by ccosta » Wed Oct 03, 2007 11:03 am

[quote="buttercam"]has someone already mentioned an acoustic simulator like a Boss AC3? that specific pedal can model Standard, Jumbo, and Piezo-equipped acoustic sounds which would come in handy.

Well I once had one , sold it and bought a real acoustic guitar !
Yes, its more trouble to record but sounds real.

buttercam

Post by buttercam » Wed Oct 03, 2007 1:26 pm

that particular pedal seems to be a hit or miss for people but it is probably the most well known acoustic simulator. But I've heard much better sounfing simulators in several multi effects processors like the Boss GT-8 or the new Digitech DigiTech GSP1101 (which is pretty sweet sounding all together). If they make one I know the Alien Connection Acoustic Simulator would be the best one.

jtyndale

Post by jtyndale » Wed Oct 03, 2007 7:19 pm

Might be too late, but how about a friggin' Splawn Nitro emu.... Gosh! Enough gain to clean your neighbors clothes...

Klemperer

Post by Klemperer » Thu Oct 04, 2007 10:20 am

I don't wanna be rude (and am very patient with an fx-bug we talked about in mails last March, Michael that never got fixed :) ) - but I miss the thing implemented in nearly ANY vst, that you can find the NAME of your settings back if you open an old song again. It just is not there since the beginning, Revalver shows the introduction - bank and no preset, and you have to remember which of hundreds of presets you had chosen. Guitarzan has mentioned this a few weeks ago again.

Especially for people who make their own presets this can be really annoying...and was on the list for many months now...

LarsErik

Post by LarsErik » Sat Oct 06, 2007 6:13 pm

1. Easy "Dual Amp" setup. A way to load presets at each signal chain. This way trying out blended dual amp setups of different presets would be made possible. (To avoid trying to load presets that use a signal splitter thease presets shouldn't appear in the listbox of a signal chain.)

2. An collapse/show button on each signal chain module. This way we could hide a signal chain while tweaking the other.

A very sketchy looking screenshot showing feature suggestion 1 and 2.

3. Change the splash screen from being a topmost window. (I'm using the Windows version of RevalverMkII.) I'm guessing this is a misstake and not a feature?

4. In the context menu (right click in the Windows version) the modules could be selected directly. This would be an faster alternative to the module selection popup window.
Something like this.

Sincerely
LarsErik

nozoku

Post by nozoku » Sun Oct 14, 2007 8:16 am

in GR3 I found it useful that every module have the volume learn thingy. and maybe volume meters in every module (which could be enabled/disabled).

Zsolt

Post by Zsolt » Thu Oct 18, 2007 3:52 am

Ok, I just thought of something else that could be added. Maybe it was already suggested, but I thought a 'frequency band splitter' might be nice. I've been using Ohmicide with ReValver since I bought it and the tones that can be achieved this way are really quite nice. I can only recommend it to everyone who owns both plugins, try them together if you haven't already :).
I guess something similar to the signal splitter could do the trick, but maybe a 3-4 band would be best, where you can set up the frequency range of each band and just insert effects and whatnot into it.
I have no idea if you know this plugin, Michael, but you can take a look at it and how it works here: http://www.ohmforce.com/ViewProduct.do?p=Ohmicide
Just a thought, maybe it can be done, maybe not; but I think it would give us even more possibilities to achieve that illusive, magical tone we want ;)

Zsolt

nonchai

Post by nonchai » Mon Oct 22, 2007 6:45 am

for users of HD laptop screenslike the Macbook pro, it would be helpful to have different screen size versions, The text and buttons make it less easy to use and read, than - say GR3.

nonchai

Post by nonchai » Mon Oct 22, 2007 6:49 am

Also, an optional side display to allow easy browsing and auditon of user patches straight from disk would be useful. To be able to see all the folders of - say the Axewizard tweaks, and be able to audition and try them out, simply be a click or keyboard up/down click, without having to use file open dialog
would be realy useful.

Specially since there are sometimes so many presets and tweaks to try out.

nonchai

Re: What do you miss in ReValver Mk II?

Post by nonchai » Mon Oct 22, 2007 8:35 am

< practice tools: wave playback, recording, metronome>

for wave playback, please make sure you support mp3 and iTunes AAC.

Also it would be great to have a browser side pane open up, for quickly selecting practice backing tunes/tracks.

A favourites list of practice tunes would be nice too.

and how about adding a "preset" option for those practice files so that for example when we have set loop points in the tune ( either as a backing or to copy a lick ) we can save the location of the tune file AS WELL as the loop points , slow down settings etc.

I might be working hard to perfect a slowed down Scott Henderson or Scofield lick, and need to save everything so i can return to the same file and loop settings another day for more practice.

cactuseskimo

Re: What do you miss in ReValver Mk II?

Post by cactuseskimo » Mon Oct 22, 2007 8:56 am

nonchai wrote:< practice tools: wave playback, recording, metronome>

for wave playback, please make sure you support mp3 and iTunes AAC.

Also it would be great to have a browser side pane open up, for quickly selecting practice backing tunes/tracks.

A favourites list of practice tunes would be nice too.

and how about adding a "preset" option for those practice files so that for example when we have set loop points in the tune ( either as a backing or to copy a lick ) we can save the location of the tune file AS WELL as the loop points , slow down settings etc.

I might be working hard to perfect a slowed down Scott Henderson or Scofield lick, and need to save everything so i can return to the same file and loop settings another day for more practice.
I would much rather the focus be on just making the program "functional", features wise, and then continue to improve the sounds, add more amps and effects.

Those things you mention are nice, but you can do them with other stuff already, and i think it would be a waste of Michaels good talents.

While I'm at it,

"Michael, how's the modeling of the Watkins Dominator going? :lol: "

It's alright if it isn't going at all - provided, all the modeling of all those other tasty vintage/classic amps is coming along. :D

lppier

Post by lppier » Sat Oct 27, 2007 10:11 pm

When was Revalver MKII released? When will the next version be coming out? Just got into this software and I am mighty impressed.

Strings

Post by Strings » Sun Oct 28, 2007 1:11 am

Hi cactuseskimo - as you can see from my post last year I'd LOVE to see the Watkins Dominator included too: http://www.alienconnections.com/phpbb/v ... =dominator

and Michael if you're interested in hearing one in action I recorded an album a few years back using nothing but a Watkins Dominator and an old Telecaster. You can download it for free here: http://www.rapidshare.com/files/46885133/NightTrain.ace

cheers,
Graham Foster
www.grahamfoster.net