What do you miss in ReValver Mk II?

ReValver Mk II for Windows and Mac OSX, product discussion. This is a user-to-user forum, and not product support.

Moderators: Michael Ljunggren, ReValver Support Team

ARIBAI

Post by ARIBAI » Wed May 16, 2007 11:59 am

sorry if was missunderstood.
my english is no so good, I dont want to sound like an idiot either

what I meant is that even when Im using the noise gate I still get a lot of noise, I know it could be my equipment but with other amp sims I dont get that noise...

I really like amps and stomps from revalver even better than the other ones but I cant get rid of background noise especially on high gained presets
no so much on clean sounds tho

again, I apologize 4 sounding like a total noob, english is not even my 2nd language :wink:

outoftune

Post by outoftune » Thu May 17, 2007 3:19 am

although I would suggest moving this threat out of here, since it's not the right spot to discuss this, here's what I would try:

leave the noisegate out of whatever revalver preset you want to use! Instead insert a separat noisegate, that you think is working fine in front of revalver in your FX chain (there's no need in trying this in the live version, since we want to find out if it's revalver doing that or your equipment - so do in a VST host like Cubase).

So basically try a setup like this:
guitar (check if jack is ok) -> cable (check if ok) -> preAmp (check for noise, before pluggin in guitar) -> VST-Host

in your VST host:
noise gate (NOT the revalver one) -> revalver

:!: pay good attention that the levels are clean in all stages of the chain
:!: I would also stick to one of Michael's regular presets, since those are testet

dburns

Post by dburns » Thu May 17, 2007 7:29 am

Outoftune,

Not to be picky, but the word I think you mean to use is "thread," not "threat."

:)
Dave Burns
Lowell, MA

outoftune

Post by outoftune » Thu May 17, 2007 7:40 am

:oops: :oops: :oops:

ARIBAI

Post by ARIBAI » Thu May 17, 2007 11:18 am

what if I wanted to use live?

outoftune

Post by outoftune » Thu May 17, 2007 11:40 am

not so much about want or not, but about being able to find the source of your problem, because as far as I know the noisegate works pretty good for all the other guys...

ARIBAI

Post by ARIBAI » Thu May 17, 2007 11:53 am

thanks, great support

Zsolt

practical things

Post by Zsolt » Sun May 27, 2007 4:39 am

Hi, my first post on this forum; which doesn't mean I don't visit it a lot. I just usually have lots of fun with the program and have no problems with it. :)
Still, I have some ideas on how to improve it. :P

1. The automatic calibration of the input and output volumes is great, as is the (stereo) level adjust tool. But I'm sure I'm not the only person who fears for his monitors when I push the Learn button ;) (especially of the level adjust tool) I don't know if this can be done, but could the fader be set to the lowest level until it receives a signal? (of minimum -6db or something?) Or just stay put, but not go out the roof and give me a heart attack? ;)

2. Also about those faders: maybe there could be a setting that the faders could stay pushed so the volume is constantly adjusted if a rack is added

3. Which brings us to another idea for a feature. :) There are already banks and presets; maybe there could be different 'settings' for presets. Let's say I build a rack with a stompbox, a preamp, a poweramp, an RIR, and some nice effects like reverb, delay etc. Then, when I want to use only the delay, I just select the setting where only the delay is on, but the rest of the effects are off. That way, they are still there and there is no loading time so it could be used live too; and the automatic volume calibration could come in handy too.

Just some ideas, I'll try to come up with some more and post them if they're any good ;)

Cheers,
Zsolt

beast0rz

Post by beast0rz » Sun May 27, 2007 5:50 am

3. Which brings us to another idea for a feature. Smile There are already banks and presets; maybe there could be different 'settings' for presets. Let's say I build a rack with a stompbox, a preamp, a poweramp, an RIR, and some nice effects like reverb, delay etc. Then, when I want to use only the delay, I just select the setting where only the delay is on, but the rest of the effects are off. That way, they are still there and there is no loading time so it could be used live too; and the automatic volume calibration could come in handy too.
If I'm understanding what you wrote properly, you can do this by using the MIDI learn feature and choosing a button on a controller to select the on/off switch for a module - I've got a setup which uses two kitty's as well as other effects, however I have it set so that when I send a MIDI signal, the distorted amp is turned off whilst the clean amp is turned on, along with a reverb module. To compensate for different volumes between the presets you could use the levels or stereo levels adjust tool found in the tools section.

Zsolt

Post by Zsolt » Sun May 27, 2007 8:54 am

Yes, but in this case, you could possibly use the midi learn function to switch between preset settings, which would enable you to switch multiple effects on or off but keep your basic rack. This would mean no silence while loading a different preset, but still be able to add as many effects as you like. I guess your memory usage would be affected a bit since everything would be loaded into memory.
Don't know how you could solve the volume issue; I think the only way for this is the constant automation like I described, but I may be missing something.

FrankZappa

Post by FrankZappa » Mon May 28, 2007 9:18 am

If you could simulate the "world domination mode" as seen on this video.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=SKMYeXkYcgs& ... ed&search=

I dont have the schematic for this one, but maybe it can be done with impulse responses. :lol:

FrankZappa

Post by FrankZappa » Sun Jun 10, 2007 4:37 am

Oh BTW, Krank Revolution. Really good amp...better than Krankenstein ;)

outoftune

Post by outoftune » Mon Jun 11, 2007 2:56 am

Now that I'm in the habit of changing impulses rather than adjusting amp settings, I really have to agree, that the IR handling sucks big time.

When loading a preset with a custom IR the box that tells which one you're using is empty, so how are you going to find the specific IR when you want to post a preset on the forum ?!

What I would suggest doing is:
You know how you had you tick boxes in front of folders when you wanted to share them with your illegal peer-to-peer application?! Something like this would be great. Just tell revavlver: These folders are the ones that hold my IR samples. This way you can keep the original Revalver file structure clean and have your IR available. Those should than be added to the dropdown menu.

Thanks OOT

mintcheerios

Post by mintcheerios » Wed Jun 13, 2007 8:22 pm

How about a Fender style spring reverb for some drip like in surf rock? And maybe a Fender Showman amp.

ccosta

Post by ccosta » Thu Jun 14, 2007 1:01 pm

mintcheerios wrote:How about a Fender style spring reverb for some drip like in surf rock? And maybe a Fender Showman amp.
Hey finally someone asks for a non metal amp !!! Thank you !
People never aks for new cabs impulses, but I would like to have a few more good options.Maybe just a 4x12, 2x12 , 1x12 but with more mic options.
Ive have made some of my own , got nice results with different mike combinations , but the problem is I dont reallly have any great amps/cabs to get impulses of.( Tech21 TM60, TM10 and Laney LC15 (valve, but at this time is getting repared)