X-PORT with a new sound card

Powered by the USB bus and featuring both Headphone and Line outputs, the Xport provides musicians with a simple, hassle-free digital recording solution.

Moderator: AmpKit Support

Blackraynz

X-PORT with a new sound card

Post by Blackraynz » Sat Nov 29, 2014 1:01 pm

I have the X-port which works great but,I'm having a problem with a new sound card I just purchased.I installed the new sound card(soundblaster ZX) how do I route the x-port through the new sound card? I have gone into device manager and disabled the original mother-board sound system, I have also uninstalled it as well.My computer keeps turning it back on or will re-install it .I installed ASIO-4 ALL but there is no way to route the input from the X-port to the sound card .The same thing happens when I try to route through my DAW . there is no way to have the X-port as the input and the sound card as the output .I keep receiving a message telling me that is an illegal operation. Why can't we just use the X-port as an input and a separate discrete sound card as the output,why do we have to use the head phone output on the X-port only. I thought that if I installed a new sound card that the X-port or my computer would automatically route it through that new sound card

Jose Luiz

Re: X-PORT with a new sound card

Post by Jose Luiz » Mon Jan 12, 2015 2:06 am

Hello. I believe that what you are trying to achieve is indeed not possible using ASIO drivers. If you want to record, do it with the Xport. When you go to the mixing stage, mix with the other one changing the soundcard.
José Luiz Paiz Junior
Peavey ReValver Support
My banks for MKIII.V:
http://forums.peavey.com/viewtopic.php?f=45&t=25152
http://forums.peavey.com/viewtopic.php?f=45&t=28688

Blackraynz

Post by Blackraynz » Wed Jul 22, 2015 10:03 pm

I was wondering if this is even being considered or am I just being pushed of to the side .When I record within my daw ,with the Xport I will record a small guitar part then I have to open pref's in my daw switch to other device- output to listen to the recording,swith back to the Xport record some more punch-in punch-out go back into my daw switch back again and again can you imagine how tedious and anoying this can be?.Is there anything even on the drawing boards to fix this situation,.Maybe your own sort of ASIO 4 all type of input-output software to use with the Xport ,Which I did eventually get to work but had huge latency issues and just sounded like CRAP (what do you expect for free).Creative Sound Blasters are ASIO compatible (but their latency to buffering time needs much to be desired) so it is possible to achieve it's just a matter of proper routing software.I would love to hear what I'm recording in real-time not stopping and swithcing over and over again.
Thank You ,
Blackraynz

Jose Luiz

Post by Jose Luiz » Fri Jul 24, 2015 12:28 pm

It is not possible to do that (Use 2 different devices at the same time with ASIO drivers) AFAIK. Now, did you consider doing all your recordings at once, auditioning thsose recordings on the Xport's headphone output and when you're done mix it using the other interface? I asure you that the Xport has enough output quality for you to judge if what you recorded is good. That would surely be a good way to handle this situation.
José Luiz Paiz Junior
Peavey ReValver Support
My banks for MKIII.V:
http://forums.peavey.com/viewtopic.php?f=45&t=25152
http://forums.peavey.com/viewtopic.php?f=45&t=28688

Blackraynz

Post by Blackraynz » Fri Dec 11, 2015 1:04 pm

Thank you for this information it was helpful