MacOSX driver not compatible with newer versions

Powered by the USB bus and featuring both Headphone and Line outputs, the Xport provides musicians with a simple, hassle-free digital recording solution.

Moderator: AmpKit Support

jnewc

MacOSX driver not compatible with newer versions

Post by jnewc » Sat Feb 08, 2014 8:58 am

Hi,

I'm using MacOSX 10.9 and have discovered that your latest MacOSX driver (the one downloadable from the XPort page on this website) is not compatible with more recent versions of MacOSX.

When plugging the device in, the driver loads successful and the device works ... briefly. The following problems are apparent:

1. The device stops working after 1-5 minutes of use and becomes disconnected from the USB bus (the white peavey light goes off on the front of the devic).
2. The driver remains loaded (verified using kextstat, kextutil etc.)
2. a. kextstat output: 146 0 0xffffff7f8267d000 0xc000 0xc000 com.waves.driver.gtrusb (1.0.28) <110 36 5 4 3>
3. It is not possible to reload the driver (using kextload / kextunload)
4. It is not possible to reconnect the device - unplugging, waiting 30 seconds, then replugging the device results in nothing: no peavey light, no usb connection (checked in System Report) and no recognition of device from GarageBand or Revalver HPse.

Please don't post back asking me to reinstall drivers / software / etc. I'm an experienced software engineer and have developed MacOSX drivers before (along with drivers for other systems). I've performed a full reinstall of both the drivers and Revalver HPse multiple times.

I'm merely here to inform you that you NEED to update your drivers to work with newer OS versions.

The fact that you are advertising the product on the packet as compatible with "MAC OS-X VERSIONS 10.4 OR NEWER" is borderline mis-selling without providing robust and up-to-date software with which to use the product.

I've read half a dozen other posts from customers having the same problems. If possible, provide an ETA for releasing an up-to-date driver.

Regards,

Jack

Jose Luiz

Re: MacOSX driver not compatible with newer versions

Post by Jose Luiz » Mon Feb 10, 2014 4:17 am

Hello Jack
Thank you for the heads up. I have forwarded the information you posted here to the proper person and we will take care of that.
José Luiz Paiz Junior
Peavey ReValver Support
My banks for MKIII.V:
http://forums.peavey.com/viewtopic.php?f=45&t=25152
http://forums.peavey.com/viewtopic.php?f=45&t=28688