Studio One 4 doesn't register Revalver 4

ReValver HP, MkIII, and MkIII.V Product Support.

Moderators: Michael Ljunggren, ReValver Support Team

Ingemar Gustavsson

Studio One 4 doesn't register Revalver 4

Post by Ingemar Gustavsson » Tue Jun 04, 2019 12:40 pm

Hi! After a computer crash with my Mac Mini I decided to switch to PC. I reinstalled most of the stuff I had on the Mac. I upgraded my old DAW Studio One 3.5 to version 4. Installed Peavey Revalver, the one true to life Guitar Amp sim I think there is out there. To my surprise it doesn't show up in neither of the versions of Studio One. I know for a fact that I used to run it on The Mac with Studio One 3.5. Now Revalver 4 doesn't even show up. Can't even find dll files when looking into the Revalver folder in the system folder. No VST plugins either. So I'm at the dark here. WHere am I supposed to look?
Attachments
Revalver folder2_PC.jpg
Revalver folder2_PC.jpg (37.07 KiB) Viewed 7475 times
vst-folder.jpg
vst-folder.jpg (166.73 KiB) Viewed 7476 times
Revalver folder_PC.jpg
Revalver folder_PC.jpg (7.62 KiB) Viewed 7476 times

Ingemar Gustavsson

Re: Studio One 4 doesn't register Revalver 4

Post by Ingemar Gustavsson » Tue Jun 04, 2019 1:19 pm

Problem solved! By some curious reason, Revalver4 creates a Steinberg folder. Within that folder it creates a folder named VST-plugins. Confusing? Yeah! So when my DAW goes looking for VST-plugins, it sure doesn't look for a Steinberg folder, but the real one - VST-plugins. That's why Revalver never showed up in Studio One 4. You have to point the path to the real VST-folder during installation, otherwise it won't be visible.

Cristofe

Re: Studio One 4 doesn't register Revalver 4

Post by Cristofe » Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:25 pm

That's actually not that unusual. MANY VST plugins will create and install to THAT folder as Steinberg invented VST and as Cubase
has such a large user base THAT folder is often their DEFAULT folder. It's been a while since I installed ReValver, but nearly all
VST plugins that use installers, (a lot of freebies are just drag-n-drop .dll's), give you the ability to browse your computer to
select your OWN default plugin folder. And with the few that don't, you don't always need to add another directory in Studio
One.....you can often simply locate the plugin's .dll and drag it to the folder of your choice. Studio One is also my DAW of
choice after years of using Cubase. I was actually a Presonus forum mod and beta tester for several years.
Play accordion....get beheaded....it's sharia law

https://soundcloud.com/cristofe-chabot