New Amp Sims For ACT Combo

ReValver product discussion. This is a user-to-user forum, and not product support.

Moderators: Michael Ljunggren, ReValver Support Team

Keenenkb

New Amp Sims For ACT Combo

Post by Keenenkb » Thu Sep 08, 2016 3:31 pm

Peavey

I noticed that you have released a series of new amp sims for the ACT Combo product.
This is amazing news, as it has been quite a while since new products were released for the Revalver software.

I must ask, will there be any new amp sims released for Revalver 4users who do not own this new ACT Combo/ACT Rack product? I understand that the ACT Combo is inteneded to take a profile of real amps for store and recall at the user's convenience.

I have been waiting for quite a long time to see a Bogner amp sim released for Peavey Revalver, thoughI just do not have any need nor ability to take full advantage of the ACT Combo's full functionality.

Please respond at your own convenience, and thank you for all that you do at Peavey Electronics!

DaleVishay

Re: New Amp Sims For ACT Combo

Post by DaleVishay » Sat Sep 10, 2016 1:43 pm

Which Bogner model do you need? I can help.

Keenenkb

Post by Keenenkb » Fri Sep 16, 2016 4:00 pm

Bogner Uberschall?

DaleVishay

Post by DaleVishay » Fri Sep 16, 2016 5:46 pm

Here I have cloned a few heavy high gain tones.
Attachments
Uberschall.rar
(230.37 KiB) Downloaded 383 times

Keenenkb

Post by Keenenkb » Fri Sep 16, 2016 8:03 pm

Just to be clear,
Do I download this file and then load it as a preset in Revalver?

DaleVishay

Post by DaleVishay » Sat Sep 17, 2016 3:42 am

You download this file. Extract the preset files out of it. After picking Act Combo module press the load button on the left bottom corner. Browse those files and load.

Keenenkb

Post by Keenenkb » Sat Sep 17, 2016 8:44 am

That's the problem, I don't have the ACT Combo module..
If anything I would only have use for upgrading to the ACT Rack module for it's eq matching..
Do you happen to have any internal amp tweaks for any of the current amp sims that might match the Bogner sound?
Or happen to know if I could have my question about adding new amp sims forwarded to the Administrators?

DaleVishay

Post by DaleVishay » Sat Sep 17, 2016 2:23 pm

Oh my bad, I have quickly misread the first message and responded to its topic. I think Act Combo is a great tool, a Kemper alternative which is as good as it. It has similar amp simuation circuit (you can just see after pressinf the tweak schematic) like any other amp in Revalver, plus lots of addition to clone a tone and apply to those analog amp channel circuits.

I don't know if there will be new amp modules for Revalver but I think the developer team haven't decided yet either. This should be upto the sales rate of both Act Combo/presets and other amp modules. Besides to make a proper amp module one has to have the whole working schematic of that particular amp (most of the schematics floating on web are not complete or wrong in details).

Keenenkb

Post by Keenenkb » Mon Sep 19, 2016 6:32 pm

Yeah that's what my main question is.
Will there be any new amp Sims added to the amp store for individual purchase. I mean I am by no means complaining about all the wonderful options available in Revalver 4. The Angel PB is a God send as the latest addition to Revalver. It's just the inner gear junkie in me that craves variety every time I hear a tone on a record that uses an amp model that I don't have readily available in my Revalver rig. I can certainly just make due with the Lepou Lextac amp sim which seems to be moded after a Bogner Uberschall. It's just that Revalver is by far the best amp simulator on the market in my opinion and I would love to see Peavey do a take on the Bogner amps that can be purchased individually from the amp store. I personally own all the amps they've put out for Revalver 4 so far

Keenenkb

Post by Keenenkb » Wed Sep 21, 2016 3:13 pm

Also I would absolutely love to see Peavey give their amp sim take on a Randall head for Revalver.
That might be pretty epic

Keenenkb

Post by Keenenkb » Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:28 am

I know it's been a while but I wanted to update and say that I've upgraded to the ACT Combo modules and they are STELLAR. I'm having so much fun with these profiles that I hardly use the other modules for jamming. Does anyone know what type of cabinet is being used with these amp profiles?