Changing presets from within my DAW

ReValver product discussion. This is a user-to-user forum, and not product support.

Moderators: Michael Ljunggren, ReValver Support Team

grapey

Changing presets from within my DAW

Post by grapey » Wed Apr 20, 2016 2:50 pm

New to ReValver, love it BTW!!!

I have been able to modify settings within a preset from my DAW (Sonar Platinum), but I cannot figure out how to change presets. Anybody know how this is done?

Thanks!

Fastwind

Re: Changing presets from within my DAW

Post by Fastwind » Thu Apr 21, 2016 6:15 pm

Hi Grapey,

as far as I know, you can only change presets in the stand-alone version of ReValver4, not within a DAW.

Best thing to do, is to make multiple tracks, all loaded with another ReValver plugin, all with different presets.
Then you only need to switch tracks...

grapey

Post by grapey » Thu Apr 21, 2016 6:58 pm

Thats kinda crappy, it puts more resources in use as you need to run more instances of ReValver.... seems counter-productive.

MrCholly

Post by MrCholly » Sun May 01, 2016 3:05 pm

...puts more resources in use as you need to run more instances of ReValver...
Yup, I've found that an unfruitful direction. Currently, I'll run both ReValver standalone and my DAW, Live, without glitches. How important is it to you to run ReV as a plug-in?

grapey

Post by grapey » Sun May 01, 2016 3:33 pm

Very important. I record all guitars and bass clean, then apply post process effects. I also use Guitar Rig 5 Pro and Overloud TH3, both of which can do this. Currently I am splitting my recorded tracks into sub tracks, and putting the appropriate rig on each, but this seems terribly inefficient from both a manpower and processing power perspective.

Soundwise

Post by Soundwise » Sun May 01, 2016 4:37 pm

grapey wrote: I have been able to modify settings within a preset from my DAW (Sonar Platinum), but I cannot figure out how to change presets.
Fastwind wrote: as far as I know, you can only change presets in the stand-alone version of ReValver4, not within a DAW.
Not sure what you guys are talking about. I can easily (re-)save presets within a DAW (Sonar Platinum in my case).
What happens when you try to quick save a preset a create a new one?

grapey

Post by grapey » Sun May 01, 2016 4:50 pm

I use Sonar Platinum also. I can change things within a rig, but I cannot change to a totally different rig like you can in gig mode.

Soundwise

Post by Soundwise » Mon May 02, 2016 1:47 pm

grapey wrote:I use Sonar Platinum also. I can change things within a rig, but I cannot change to a totally different rig like you can in gig mode.
Could you elaborate, please? What do you do step by step to change rigs and where does the plugin fail to switch to a different preset?

MrCholly

Post by MrCholly » Sun May 08, 2016 12:59 pm

grapey wrote:Very important. I record all guitars and bass clean, then apply post process effects.
Oh, I getcha; recording. My pursuit of the issue lies in using treated signal in a live situation. Don't know ass from elbow on the recording issue. Sorry :|

roundsound

Post by roundsound » Sun May 15, 2016 9:10 pm

Is it really true that you can't change presets within a DAW...like every other amp sim on the market? That's a big problem for me.

I use a DAW as a live mixer for my band and I run it from a tablet. I can't spare resources to run a separate instance of Revalver. Oh well, $99 down the drain. Back to S-Gear and Vandal for me.

Very disappointed!! :!:
Revalver 4 Producer
Asus T-100TA-C1/64GB SSD/2GB RAM
M-Audio M-Track USB Interface
Homemade Warmoth V with EMG Active H-S-S
Homemade Star/Destroyer with Duncan P-Rails

grapey

Post by grapey » Sun May 15, 2016 9:30 pm

Well yes and no. If I am in the Peavey XXX, I can change the details of the XXX and any pedals I have setup against my patch. I cannot change to a Flat Hill or an Angel however. For this, I cut my audio for a solo, and paste it to a new track with new settings. Cumbersome, but workable.

grapey

Post by grapey » Sun May 15, 2016 9:32 pm

For what you are doing (LIVE) you can actually switch rigs with a midi footswotch. The DAW cannot, but a midi footswotch can.... jusy doesn't seem right to me.

ico

Post by ico » Fri Jun 03, 2016 4:58 am

yeah thats what i do. revalver live with a tablet and a midi foot controller, it instantly switches between presets including full amp and cabinets without any delay, dropouts and glitches. none of my midi based hardware could do that, there was always some kind of delay you had to workaround :shock:
Strat, EVH Red Stripe, Ibby Radius 540R
Intel i5-3337U, Intel HD4000 (Win10 64)
Phenom II PC, Nvidia 8500 GT (XP)
Sonnus i2M, Presonus AudioBox, Echo Audio MIA
Studio One, Reaper