Revalver schematic tweak

ReValver product discussion. This is a user-to-user forum, and not product support.

Moderators: Michael Ljunggren, ReValver Support Team

Tobaccosun

Revalver schematic tweak

Post by Tobaccosun » Sun Mar 20, 2016 7:11 pm

I just wanted to share that I've been playing with revalver 4 and I was surprised to see the schematics tweak function. This is definitely a really cool thing that's been implemented, especially to those of us that can read and understand schematics. I know the schematic is just basic and does not have "all" the items shown that exist in the real amps but they're close enough. Given that I own a few of the real amps that there are modules for I decided to do a comparison of mods in revolver vs mods to the real amp. So far I've only done the mods to the 6505+ and it worked great! I used revalver as a test to where I'd change some values of the caps and resistors to see what part of the tone would change and how much. Once I found what I liked and where, I opened up the real amp and made the same changes, with great results.

Basically i used revalver as the test platform for light tone mods to try different things in different spots without all the solder desolder, plug power all back in test by ear then discharge caps and solder desolder all over and over again.

Soundwise

Re: Revalver schematic tweak

Post by Soundwise » Mon Mar 21, 2016 4:22 pm

Yes, it is one the the features that sets ReValver apart from other amp sims. The other being a pickup output setting.