Hey! Regarding the bundles (and some more).

ReValver product discussion. This is a user-to-user forum, and not product support.

Moderators: Michael Ljunggren, ReValver Support Team

ico

Re: Hey! Regarding the bundles (and some more).

Post by ico » Sun Nov 22, 2015 12:38 pm

yeah good point, one with 1.21 gigawatts would better :)
Strat, EVH Red Stripe, Ibby Radius 540R
Intel i5-3337U, Intel HD4000 (Win10 64)
Phenom II PC, Nvidia 8500 GT (XP)
Sonnus i2M, Presonus AudioBox, Echo Audio MIA
Studio One, Reaper

TLguitar

Post by TLguitar » Sun Nov 22, 2015 12:45 pm

ico wrote:yeah good point, one with 1.21 gigawatts would better :)
Well, how else would you record bats for your vampire-themed Doom Metal album?

Lain

Post by Lain » Mon Nov 30, 2015 3:54 pm

So, TLguitar, you got any news? Bought a new interface or fixed the problem somehow?

TLguitar

Post by TLguitar » Tue Dec 01, 2015 5:28 am

Lain wrote:So, TLguitar, you got any news? Bought a new interface or fixed the problem somehow?
Not yet. I have initially planned on getting it from the US, but then the possibility of my sister who lives in Australia to bring it was risen.

I knew Australia is not particularly cheap in comparison to Israel, so I didn't expect finding the BF Pro there with a price as good as the US one, but one store (from what I found online) presented a price translating to about 770 USD (versus 750 in the US). I talked to her about it a few days ago but didn't hear anything new yet. The thing is, I then looked at other Australian options and saw the rest sell it at about 860 USD, and then reading some of the reviews about the first store didn't make me particularly keen on getting it from them.

I have then discovered that the BF Pro had some low-sensitivity button issue in its first batch of production; a tech support guy from RME told me through email that "it was all fixed. We called back all stocks and there are no units with that issue on the market now", but it doesn't seem implausible to me that some shops would have retained some of the bad stocks. I've also asked at their official forum, as getting a bad unit all the way from Australia and then discovering it malfunctions is not good, and this is the response their administrator posted:
"And that is why you have a local importer and distributor. Even if the above statement is 100% true, there will never be a 100% guarantee that every single unit shipped works 100% right out of the box. That is true for every manufacturer. So you are taking the risk on your own here".

So I'm slightly in a dilemma on whether to find someone from the US for this or not. I'm still definitely not buying it in Israel.

Lain

Post by Lain » Tue Dec 01, 2015 6:37 am

Well, there is never a 100% guarantee with anything really.
Compatibility issues, stuff can get damaged in transport, etc. etc.

Btw, since we were talking about the Earthshaker preset in particular, it's worth to mention that in that particular preset the pickup RMS is set to the max value (2.000) which can be a contributor to noise. At least a high RMS value contributed to noise with my new single coil guitar.
It's actually a buggy preset which resets your RMS default value but the good news is that it's fixed in the latest beta version, which should be available for download soon(TM).

ico

Post by ico » Tue Dec 01, 2015 5:49 pm

Hello TL, just got myself an AudioBox iOne, just like MBA has. its price is permanently dropped to $89.95 USD for December. Its seriously amazing for the price. Roundtrip latency is just under 10ms, its dedicated HIz input is perfect for guitar, really good noise floor and the headroom is really good too. Its case is all metal (good sheilding for tvs). It powers my beyer dt990 with a natural open sounding. A lot better than fast tracks. can sample some revalver presets with it if you want.

p.s im not a rep from presonus, just suggesting an option :D

p.p.s think meatloaf did it already with bat out of hell :P
Studio One, Reaper

ico

Post by ico » Tue Dec 01, 2015 6:37 pm

hello attached a repeated errrr riff :D with said setup on a superstrat HsH pickup configuration going neck to bridge 5-4-3-2-1 . 3 is well noisy and expected to be as its nasty single coil blazing with the tv on. Used one of the lead presets in the bluesbreaker section
Attachments
Mixdown.wav
(8.41 MiB) Downloaded 235 times
Studio One, Reaper

ico

Post by ico » Tue Dec 01, 2015 7:14 pm

Same setup doing my best not to shred :oops: on a bluesE jam using XXXII Dark Lead Preset
Attachments
bluese.mp3
(5.32 MiB) Downloaded 249 times
Studio One, Reaper

TLguitar

Post by TLguitar » Wed Dec 02, 2015 4:45 am

@Lain Hm... Yes, I see the pickup voltage RMS issue, but it's basically just another knob to adjust the digital input gain. Anyway, I assume you were using the default settings of the Earthshaker when comparing your noise to mine, so it doesn't really matter as mine was said to be considerably noisier.

@ico It seems nice, but while I can't currently tell how far better/worse would the Babyface Pro compare, I've decided to go with it and found someone to bring it for me from the US. I am now just looking for a reliable store to order it from. I would have asked you but I see neither of you are from the US.

ico

Post by ico » Wed Dec 02, 2015 6:36 am

cool, think im over putting up with unacceptable noise too, under the name of grunge. Got my fast track holding up a bookshelf now, to lazy to throw it out of the window :)

Mind to use a credit card as most of them offer purchase protection insurance, even if a supplier is unwilling to refund for a dodgy product, check yours has a claim against a supplier for breach of contract or misrepresentation which will generally have an equal claim against the card issuer.
Studio One, Reaper

TLguitar

Post by TLguitar » Wed Dec 02, 2015 6:51 am

@ico That can be done through PayPal, I believe?

But I was planning on getting it from one store (Sweetwater, people seem to say it's good) and now I see half of them are currently out of stock! Someone suggested another few that do have it, but they're probably not as known.

I still hope that there's no current stock with a lousy unit! I'll assume anything coming-in in the next few weeks is definitely new, but I might won't have the time as the dude's returning from the US in just over three weeks.

ico

Post by ico » Wed Dec 02, 2015 7:13 am

yeah paypal has buyer protection "If an eligible item that you’ve bought online doesn’t arrive, or doesn’t match the seller’s description, our Buyer Protection will reimburse you for the full amount of the item plus postage and packaging costs. Buyer Protection covers all your online purchases, on eBay or on any other website, when you use PayPal."

using your credit card through paypal would be a good insurance too, and the seller will see that you used both and be wary of giving you a raw deal. check out the distributor page for the product manufacture website to get a list of trusted online sellers. Canada might be an interesting option too, canadian dollar is usually less than a usa one
Studio One, Reaper

TLguitar

Post by TLguitar » Wed Dec 02, 2015 7:30 am

Well, I'll need it to ship to San Francisco, but I've read some terrible reviews on all of the stores I was suggested which do have the BF Pro in stock.

This is the list I found for California: http://www.synthax.com/index.php/dealer ... ornia.html

I don't really need it to be from that state as it seems most cross-USA shipments are a few days max. But for example, I see they have a bazillion Guitar Centers just in California, but going onto their website you'll simply see "out of stock". Are their stocks not available at the stores themselves or does the website state every single Guitar Center everywhere is out of the Babyface Pro?

ico

Post by ico » Wed Dec 02, 2015 9:04 am

Studio One, Reaper

Lain

Post by Lain » Wed Dec 02, 2015 10:07 am

TLguitar wrote:@Lain Hm... Yes, I see the pickup voltage RMS issue, but it's basically just another knob to adjust the digital input gain. Anyway, I assume you were using the default settings of the Earthshaker when comparing your noise to mine, so it doesn't really matter as mine was said to be considerably noisier.
I know, i just threw it out here in case of future references that the particular preset is very bad to judge noise. Generally you should always adjust levels in any preset since people use different pickups and stuff.