While we all wait for the amp modeler how about

ReValver product discussion. This is a user-to-user forum, and not product support.

Moderators: Michael Ljunggren, ReValver Support Team

Spacekid

Re: While we all wait for the amp modeler how about

Post by Spacekid » Mon Dec 14, 2015 5:53 pm

bluesman001 wrote:
Spacekid wrote:
ico wrote:+1 TSE, Ignite for 3rdparty add ons ... Acmebargig too but its hard to find those now :(
I have been looking for Acmebargig Canadian metal pack for a week now.
http://www.kvraudio.com/developer/acmebargig

I have almost everything ABG ever did (may not have most recent, or in a pack) let me know if you want something, can send to you.
Thanks, I did some serious searching and found most of them. They do sound a little dated. The best new thing I've found, that I have yet to test on Revalver (but I'll be doing that tonight) is Torpedo Wall of Sound III. It's incredible that I've missed this one and it's been out so long. It's got a basic boutique buying setup of cabinets that are unlimited IMO. You can add up to 100 cabinets and mix them in various ways. I recommend everyone try it, because it's only a $7 purchase of 1 cab to enable it full version. This enables the two guitar cabs that come with it, plus the 1 you buy..and the 2 it comes with are great, so it's like 3 cabs for $7. Here's a pic of it, giving it go in Revalver tonight (I've been using it with 'farm' amps and they sound great, so revalver should be better IMO).
Attachments
Wall of Sound III.jpg
Wall of Sound III.jpg (1.38 MiB) Viewed 7775 times

Spacekid

Post by Spacekid » Mon Dec 14, 2015 6:10 pm

Well, my test of Wall of Sound as a vst inside Revalver didn't go so well. You can't change the size of the graphic area of WOS inside Revalver, it just didn't work. It cut off the area, with no scroll possible. So I guess I'll try it inside a DAW.

Spacekid

Post by Spacekid » Mon Dec 14, 2015 6:42 pm

RedSun LiquidWarm.rev4preset.sa
(20.37 KiB) Downloaded 301 times
Ok, so here is really good sounding distortion test with Wall of Sound. Don't let the 'test' part fool you, I spend around 3 hours learning to use the software through a few of these patches I label 'test'. First off install the software of course, I'm still using the demo so you can play with these presets for 30 days, then place the .top file into the location of the presets for WOS, which is C> Program files (X86) > Two Notes Audio Engineering > Presets . Within the presets folder place the following .top file :
RedSun LiquidWarm.zip
(854 Bytes) Downloaded 299 times
. I had to zip it up. Then open your DAW of choice, and import the next preset into Revalver : ok, all is good. On a new track, if you need one at this point you want the signal chain to go Revalver - then WOS. Basic stuff but I dumbed it down. Anyhow, enjoy RedSun LiquidWarm preset, I know I am :)
Last edited by Spacekid on Mon Dec 14, 2015 9:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Spacekid

Post by Spacekid » Mon Dec 14, 2015 7:30 pm

An additional Revalver preset to go along with the Wall of sound one : this one uses the Demon module (the first Revalver Preset uses Michael) :
RedSun LiquidCold.rev4preset.sa
(22.96 KiB) Downloaded 291 times

Puzzeld Mind

Post by Puzzeld Mind » Tue Dec 22, 2015 10:54 am

Spacekid wrote: I have almost everything ABG ever did (may not have most recent, or in a pack) let me know if you want something, can send to you. Thanks, I did some serious searching and found most of them. They do sound a little dated. The best new thing I've found, that I have yet to test on Revalver (but I'll be doing that tonight) is Torpedo Wall of Sound III. It's incredible that I've missed this one and it's been out so long. It's got a basic boutique buying setup of cabinets that are unlimited IMO. You can add up to 100 cabinets and mix them in various ways. I recommend everyone try it, because it's only a $7 purchase of 1 cab to enable it full version. This enables the two guitar cabs that come with it, plus the 1 you buy..and the 2 it comes with are great, so it's like 3 cabs for $7. Here's a pic of it, giving it go in Revalver tonight (I've been using it with 'farm' amps and they sound great, so revalver should be better IMO).
I like Torpedo too. I use olnly that plugin with revalver.)

Spacekid

Post by Spacekid » Sat May 21, 2016 7:16 pm

Puzzeld Mind wrote:
Spacekid wrote: I have almost everything ABG ever did (may not have most recent, or in a pack) let me know if you want something, can send to you. Thanks, I did some serious searching and found most of them. They do sound a little dated. The best new thing I've found, that I have yet to test on Revalver (but I'll be doing that tonight) is Torpedo Wall of Sound III. It's incredible that I've missed this one and it's been out so long. It's got a basic boutique buying setup of cabinets that are unlimited IMO. You can add up to 100 cabinets and mix them in various ways. I recommend everyone try it, because it's only a $7 purchase of 1 cab to enable it full version. This enables the two guitar cabs that come with it, plus the 1 you buy..and the 2 it comes with are great, so it's like 3 cabs for $7. Here's a pic of it, giving it go in Revalver tonight (I've been using it with 'farm' amps and they sound great, so revalver should be better IMO).
I like Torpedo too. I use olnly that plugin with revalver.)
I've now migrated to using the included cabinet modeler with MOTU digital performer... It just gets better with tweaking the dampening and the three mic system.

Soundwise

Post by Soundwise » Sun May 22, 2016 9:22 am

I like ReValver's cabs much more than WoSIII. But if anyone is looking for variety in cabsims, I suggest you try Audified MultiCabinet. Absolutely great. My goto virtual cab. Normally it's 19$ or pay-what-you-want, but currently it's free.

Spacekid

Post by Spacekid » Sun May 22, 2016 9:10 pm

Soundwise wrote:I like ReValver's cabs much more than WoSIII. But if anyone is looking for variety in cabsims, I suggest you try Audified MultiCabinet. Absolutely great. My goto virtual cab. Normally it's 19$ or pay-what-you-want, but currently it's free.
I think it depends on if you like a thick sound or not. I normally use a compressor in a DAW after anything like WOS. I think I've found a happy medium between thick and realistic(single)with the MOTU cab. For Revalver, I've been using 2 to 4 cabs(two chains)with Redwirez cabs. Using the same set of 2 cabs doubled up for the 4 variety. I can easily switch between thick and thin this way. I'm maxing my CPU out on the 4 cab/2 chain setup though, so unfortunately I'll have to wait until I get a new system to fully explore this more.

Jose Luiz

Post by Jose Luiz » Sat Jul 09, 2016 1:20 am

Hey guys,

I don't think you need to find other stuff to think about until we release ACT Combo anymore.

IT'S OUT.
José Luiz Paiz Junior
Peavey ReValver Support
My banks for MKIII.V:
http://forums.peavey.com/viewtopic.php?f=45&t=25152
http://forums.peavey.com/viewtopic.php?f=45&t=28688

jorismak

Post by jorismak » Tue Jul 26, 2016 3:46 am

If it's out on the 9th of July, why do we only hear about it now? :)

Jose Luiz

Post by Jose Luiz » Tue Jul 26, 2016 4:50 am

It was a "soft"release :).
We're going full speed with it right now ;).
José Luiz Paiz Junior
Peavey ReValver Support
My banks for MKIII.V:
http://forums.peavey.com/viewtopic.php?f=45&t=25152
http://forums.peavey.com/viewtopic.php?f=45&t=28688

Spacekid

Post by Spacekid » Tue Jul 26, 2016 7:14 pm

Jose Luiz wrote:It was a "soft"release :).
We're going full speed with it right now ;).
Congratulations :) . I'll hop on board soon enough. :)