Revalver 4,where's the goodies from MkIII?

ReValver product discussion. This is a user-to-user forum, and not product support.

Moderators: Michael Ljunggren, ReValver Support Team

Blackraynz

Revalver 4,where's the goodies from MkIII?

Post by Blackraynz » Wed Jul 22, 2015 10:23 pm

I was wondering what happened to all the stuff in MKIII went in Revalver 4 .Why aren't the pre-amp section ,or the overdrives and most of the other goodies there.I demoed the MKIII liked what I heard , found out there was going to be a release of Revalver 4 so I waited so I could purchase it .When I bought it it was completely stripped down .where is the control of the RIR,distortion,crunch,bottom,bright .What happened to being able to open the TWEEK page and change the characteristics of the individual tubes?.What happened to the volume and drive knobs on most of the amps. Have you considered an effects loop through the amp models .Also the VST host should be able to bridge 32 bit and 64 bit ,also when it does scan my vst's it leaves most of them out.

Blackraynz

Re: Revalver 4,where's the goodies from MkIII?

Post by Blackraynz » Mon Aug 17, 2015 2:56 am

IS NO ONE FROM PEAVY GOING TO ANSWER THIS

Kevin Boudloche
Web Team

Post by Kevin Boudloche » Mon Aug 17, 2015 9:41 am

IS NO ONE FROM PEAVY GOING TO ANSWER THIS
This is a peer to peer forum, meaning, customer to customer, for the discussion of peavey products. Customer service does read these forums and respond to inquiries, however, customer service doesn't work with ReValver. For ReValver support, either use the revalver ticket system (which is a direct line of communication with our revalver support staff), or post in the revalver support forum instead.

https://revalver.peavey.com/tickets

I am not familiar enough with ReValver to answer your questions, however, you may be able to find answers in these videos: https://revalver.peavey.com/video
Web Developer | Peavey Marketing
[email protected]

jorismak

Post by jorismak » Fri Aug 21, 2015 10:36 am

As a user, just some thoughts:

Some of the stuff you ask are simply there. But yeah, Revalver4 is completely new so a lot of stuff has changed or isn't there anymore. Just a fact, and to be honest kind of expected. That's where the demo is for, to see what is there and if you like it.

The RIR modeler now has bass, treble instead of bottom and bright. The crunch/distortion effect has been removed I believe since it was received as being fake and annoying that it changed the sound of the IRs too much. You might not agree with it but I think it was the general consensus of the community.
Anyway, the primary new 'thing' in Revalver4 is the whole new RIR2 module and the interaction and enhanced modeling it brings. I wouldn't want to stick to RIR1 at any rate.

'volume' in the previous version was just module output volume and had no special effect. Set volume anyway you want.
The 'drive' of the previous version is the master-volume control on any of the amps (control the power section).
If you needed to adjust the volume from one module before going into the next, then you might have a point for missing the output volume on every module.. but I didn't feel the need for it yet. The only place where I balance volumes is in an audio-split-chain, and there you have the audio-splitter itself to control the volume-balance between the different paths.

If you need to bridge your VST plugins between 32bit / 64bit buy jBridge. Bridging of VST plugins is no easy thing to 'simply implement' and I much rather see the limited development time for Revalver go into other areas than bridging of 3rd party stuff.

The separate preamps and poweramps are surely missed. An Fx-loop in a modeler I never understood (I have been in discussions about this before). I see no reason to place an effect between pre-and-power amp when you can place it after the cab which is probably what you want. Nobody could show me a good example of anything sounding (quite) different when placed before the poweramp or placed after the mic. In case of reverbs and delays you really want it behind the mic I guess. Anyway, make an official request (as I said, separate pre- and poweramps are missed by a lot of users), who knows.

And you have a fair point in the tweaking of tubes. You can tweak a lot more in some places in the schematic now, but tube behaviour is kinda changed to 'presets only' which for sure is limiting some people. I miss it for instance to be able to change the power-supply method from rectifier to diode. That was through some dropdown-presets (tube-stiff, tube-sag, diode-stuff, diode-sag, etc..) in Rv mk3.5, but here you can change parts of the power-supply circuit, but you can't change it completely. If the schematic comes with a rectifier tube, you can't just replace it for something else (even if I knew how to :P).

So in some parts you have a fair point, but in others I don't think you looked closely enough or you just need to adjust some settings.
Although I hope they still add some of the missing Rv mk3.5 things, I don't believe in it anymore. There are some bugs in Revalver4 that are there since launch pretty much and still are not tackled yet they start making some profiler thing because that is the new trend or something. Don't get me wrong, if would be awesome, but there are still some basic bugs and parts that Revalver 4 needs instead of adding completely new features.