It's finally here!

ReValver product discussion. This is a user-to-user forum, and not product support.

Moderators: Michael Ljunggren, ReValver Support Team

Roodillon

It's finally here!

Post by Roodillon » Tue Jan 18, 2011 7:30 pm

Here is a link to the new ReValver product page to buy the new version. Click on "purchase" to buy.

http://www.peavey.com/products/software/revalver/

jeffster2021

Re: It's finally here!

Post by jeffster2021 » Tue Jan 18, 2011 7:43 pm

Yes sir!! Purchased, Activated, Jammin'! $79 for upgrade from MKIII, I'm a happy camper.

-JM
Intel I7 3.2Ghz, 16GB Ram, 4 3TB HDD, AMD HD 6970 GPU - Surface Pro 3 (i5) - MOTU 8Pre Audio Interface - M-Audio Fast track Ultra Audio Interface - Uno FCB1010 Midi Board - Line 6 Pod HD500 - Windows 10 64-bit - Sonar X3 Producer 64-bit

spiralsurfer

Post by spiralsurfer » Tue Jan 18, 2011 7:49 pm

I think it's a reasonable price for the upgrade, definitely grabbing it soon as I get home :D

Can't wait to tweak some new sounds with those new amps!

cococo

Post by cococo » Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:01 pm

I'm not impressed with this version, tweak your RV III amps and you can get the 99% the same sound.

$80 USD a reasonable price?? :lol:

Try this amps and cabinet impulse loader for FREE and leave RV behind:
http://lepouplugins.blogspot.com/

http://www.theserinaexperiment.net/forum/

Trust your ears...

- Dalton -

Post by - Dalton - » Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:55 pm

Glad to hear everybody has found access to the new version

Please feel free to share any presets you make 8)

Cheers
Dalton

spiralsurfer

Post by spiralsurfer » Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:36 pm

cococo wrote:
Try this amps and cabinet impulse loader for FREE and leave RV behind:
http://lepouplugins.blogspot.com/
Each to their own I guess. I've tried downloading LeCto VST for Mac and it doesn't work in Logic. When wrapped with a VST to AU wrapper the GUI doesn't work.

scottm

Post by scottm » Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:56 pm

Spiralsurfer is right...to each his own. There is plenty of room in the market for more than one amp modeling solution. It's really no different than hardware amps. How many amp manufacturers are there? It's almost ridiculous. Peavey sells a LOT of amps, but so do some of our friendly competitors. That's cool too. Having options really means that you are not limited. I have actually checked out quite a few of the free amp sims out there and a couple of them are a great addition to ReValver. We made the VST host module for a reason :)

Scott Mire
Peavey Electronics

shawnguess

Post by shawnguess » Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:45 am

ive been using revalver since version 1 and have had every version since. got 3.5, played it. . . im an idiot for paying $80 for a maintenance release with a couple of new amps. this should have been free.

scottm

Post by scottm » Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:08 am

Actually...6 new amps and 3 new effects. That would make them about $8.88 a piece. I would consider that fair. We also went way out of our way to offer many amps and effects that you can't get anywhere else. Out of all of the packages on the market, I do not know of a single one the offered more amps and effects in an upgrade for that price.

We surely appreciate your long-standing support. I think that you will really like the new amps once you dig into them a bit.

Scott Mire
Peavey Electronics

xyz

Post by xyz » Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:16 am

spiralsurfer wrote:Each to their own I guess. I've tried downloading LeCto VST for Mac and it doesn't work in Logic. When wrapped with a VST to AU wrapper the GUI doesn't work.
Revalver have VST loader as well and LeCto VST works with it in Logic here.

dimitar

Post by dimitar » Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:30 am

edited.
Last edited by dimitar on Wed Jan 19, 2011 3:23 am, edited 2 times in total.

shawnguess

Post by shawnguess » Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:32 am

dimitar wrote:"Improved tube components to exhibit less aliasing noise
Removed "thumping heartbeat noise"

Should be fixed in Revalver 2 and 3 too!!!
Some people deserve to have aliasing noise free version of the previous Revalver versions. This a BIG Bug and no one should pay 80$ to get it fixed!
exactly my point in saying that 3.5 is a maintenance release.

djayart

Post by djayart » Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:40 am

Even if i will prefer get it free, $80 is a good price.
Previous update MK2>MK>3 was $199.
I think Peavey listen us, my credit card is ready. :P
DjayartPackSkins for Revalver . Stomp Boxes and Effects
http://forums.peavey.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=9070

spiralsurfer

Post by spiralsurfer » Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:43 am

xyz wrote: Revalver have VST loader as well and LeCto VST works with it in Logic here.
I have tried that and it didn't work either - it crashed Revalver. Might try again and make sure it is only loading LeCto.

As Scott said, I think it's great having options. I also own Guitar Rig 4 and Studio Devil, and I've tried out Overloud TH2 and Amplitube 3 as well. If I can get LeCto to work that would be cool, keen to hear it as well. Must be something in my set up here interfering with it if it's working for you in Logic so I'll try a few things.

xyz

Post by xyz » Wed Jan 19, 2011 2:16 am

spiralsurfer wrote:
xyz wrote: Revalver have VST loader as well and LeCto VST works with it in Logic here.
I have tried that and it didn't work either - it crashed Revalver. Might try again and make sure it is only loading LeCto.

Maybe it's not the LeCto to blame. I just discovered yesterday that Revalver crashes while trying to load VSTs if I forget to insert my iLok. I have some VST's using iLok authorization installed and Revalver crashes while trying just to list installed VST's (not trying to load particular VST) if some of them fails to authorize.

Sorry, not reported yet to Michael, I wanted to make sure how reliably it can be reproduced etc before.