Mk III.V preview 11.01.07

ReValver product discussion. This is a user-to-user forum, and not product support.

Moderators: Michael Ljunggren, ReValver Support Team

LarsErik

Re: Mk III.V preview 11.01.07

Post by LarsErik » Sat Jan 15, 2011 5:05 am

Roodillon wrote:Man, I sure hope that ReValverMKIII.V arrives soon so we can all start talking about guitars and tones and stuff again!
Yeah that would be a refreshing change on this forum.

rockabilly

Post by rockabilly » Sat Jan 15, 2011 7:15 am

hey guys. I'll tell you one thing. Although Im as disappointed as most seem to be with the stall in release the .5 upgrade, I do have to say that I was really really impressed with the way it sounds. I just tested the Mac version and it was a bit buggy but it sounded amazing. In fact it was the best sim I have used yet and I have them all to say the least. It was the most authentic tube amp sound and feel that I have gotten out of anything I have ever tried. They are really on to something here and of course they need to stop giving dates for release to the public and either release it or say its in development but again, it sounded crazy good. I liked it as much as my axe fx ultra and in some ways a tad more. I used it with the red wirez impulses and I sincerely think there wouldn't be any need to mic my amps for recording. I doubt that in a mix you would tell the difference. I seemed way above and beyond amplitube, etc. Anyway, just an opinion. At least when it comes out it seems its going to be hot. None of the 'on amp' reverbs worked and it didnt like any of the ambient mic impulses that I used and it really sucks on your cpu load big time but other than that it was flawless. The demo seems to run for about 170 days and again I have to say it was really impressive and much more realistic than even the regular mkIII version in my opinion. The new orange amp model is really really good and the best orange amp sim I have heard yet, especially with the redwirez orange cabinet and royer 121 impulses. Ridiculously good.

spiralsurfer

Post by spiralsurfer » Sat Jan 15, 2011 7:41 am

I agree, the sounds are killer, especially the new amps. I also use Redwirez and Recabinet as well and ReValver sounds awesome with various configurations of either. I guess that's why people around here get so worked up, because everyone wants to use the new version asap :)

rockabilly

Post by rockabilly » Sat Jan 15, 2011 8:20 am

I couldn't agree more. It is rather frustrating. I was actually pretty excited when I saw the now available message, but I'm not quite sure what happened with that. Will be exciting when it's released. Can't wait!

LarsErik

Post by LarsErik » Sat Jan 15, 2011 10:02 am

Revalver MKIII.V is a great update IMHO. Quite an improvement to the overall sound and the new amps sound great.

Roodillon

Post by Roodillon » Sat Jan 15, 2011 12:46 pm

shawnguess wrote:
Roodillon wrote:
I will be upgrading whether it's free or not.
I will be upgrading too, as long as the price is reasonable. I just upgraded to Pro Tools 9 and Transfuser 1.3, that cost me $349 so my audio budget is low at the moment!
why does it matter if the price is reasonable? it should be the same as you paid for 3.0. . . 3.5 is the 2011 model. :lol:
Well that's the extreme other end of the argumant for upgrade prices, from free to inexpensive to full price. I guess we'll have to wait and see what it turns out to be since the 13th and then the 14th came and went without a release.

Cristofe

Post by Cristofe » Sat Jan 15, 2011 2:56 pm

LarsErik wrote:Revalver MKIII.V is a great update IMHO. Quite an improvement to the overall sound and the new amps sound great.
I fully agree. I've really been digging the Sensation 20 & Masterpiece 50...they're making want the real thing BAD!! 3120, Budda and Red Hot are nice too...tho I wish Red Hot behaved a bit more like a real Orange. The Valve King & Classic 30 sound much improved too. I did run into an occasional glitch
when switching amps tho....every so often, doing so would cause my ASIO drivers to loose sync and then I'd get nothing but static. I have a hunch that
it's more the fault of the E-MU drivers than RvMkIII.V. I'll see how it goes with
a different interface and drivers.

I'm anxious to cut some tracks with this puppy!! :mrgreen:

Cheers.......Cristofe 8)
Play accordion....get beheaded....it's sharia law

https://soundcloud.com/cristofe-chabot

Roodillon

Post by Roodillon » Sat Jan 15, 2011 6:52 pm

spiralsurfer wrote:I also use Redwirez and Recabinet
I think that Red Wirez is better than Recabinet. Some of the sounds are downright amazing!

ZOLAIVE

Post by ZOLAIVE » Sun Jan 16, 2011 8:40 am

Of course, the upgrade should not be free (because people worked on it) BUT the rules for setting the prices fot this upgrade should be fair.

I mean Peavey should at least take into account 3 points :

- 1st : those who don't own Revalver MK III should pay more than those who already own Revalver MK III
- 2nd : those who bought Revalver III recently should get the upgrade for free (the new customers)
- 3rd : the others (the old customers) shouldn't pay a lot. Specially, those who bought Revalver MK III when it first came out (about 2 years ago ?). I mean, those customers had to deal with important bugs that were never fixed (the recent updates didn't fixe all the buggs, specially the "preset name goes blank"-bug...). I mean, Peavey sold a beta version, as far as bugs are concerned... and that wasn't a cheap beta version... Peavey did nothing during more than 2 years to fixe these bugs. As far as I am concerned, these bugs prevented me from using Revalver MK III in live situations : I mean it was a significant bug !
So, Peavey should give these customers the opportunity to upgrade for a really low cost, as a goodwill gesture.
I won't spend more than 45 Euros to upgrade.
Last edited by ZOLAIVE on Mon Jan 17, 2011 1:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

abi

Post by abi » Sun Jan 16, 2011 2:20 pm

ZOLAIVE wrote: I won't spend more than 45 Euros to upgrade.
seems sensible to me.

if they expect us to pay like 100 euros or so i´d really be tempted to get somethinkg like th2.

dimitar

Post by dimitar » Mon Jan 17, 2011 1:46 am

In my opinion this two things:

"Improved tube components to exhibit less aliasing noise
Removed "thumping heartbeat noise"

Should be fixed in Revalver 2 and 3 too!!!

ico

Post by ico » Mon Jan 17, 2011 3:36 am

have to agree, sometimes you can slightly hear a dominant lower harmonic with revalver which has disappeared from 3.5 we should have this feature removed for free :D
Strat, EVH Red Stripe, Ibby Radius 540R
Intel i5-3337U, Intel HD4000 (Win10 64)
Phenom II PC, Nvidia 8500 GT (XP)
Sonnus i2M, Presonus AudioBox, Echo Audio MIA
Studio One, Reaper

dimitar

Post by dimitar » Mon Jan 17, 2011 5:35 am

yeah, I'm still using RV2 and RV3 and I would love the get this improvements in them they deserve it long time ago!

shawnguess

Post by shawnguess » Mon Jan 17, 2011 12:27 pm

dimitar wrote:yeah, I'm still using RV2 and RV3 and I would love the get this improvements in them they deserve it long time ago!
absolutely.

heyjohn

Post by heyjohn » Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:52 pm

spiralsurfer wrote:I received this zip file from Michael after emailing him last week. I'm just trying to help my fellow mac users out because I know how keen I was to try this preview version, but I appreciate people being wary as I don't have any connection to Peavey.
And many, many thanks for the link!

I got around to checking the archive (passed with flying colors) and then installing it. Played, played more, played 'til my fingers were sore, and then some ;)

I really like the new amps (Sensation 20 is especially cool), and the Gatekeeper with the Brilliance turned up.

Looks like not all the windows deal with the mouse's scrollwheel correctly yet; the RIR module still wastes space; and does the Budda really misspell 'Rhythm' on the real amp? But those are all minor quibbles compared to the sounds I get out of III.V.

Too bad the release process isn't anywhere near the sound quality of the software... it'll turn a no-brainer upgrade purchase into a definite maybe.