Are we going to see Revalver Mark III.V this year?

ReValver product discussion. This is a user-to-user forum, and not product support.

Moderators: Michael Ljunggren, ReValver Support Team

DaleVishay

Are we going to see Revalver Mark III.V this year?

Post by DaleVishay » Tue Dec 21, 2010 7:08 am

I don't think so :lol: .

musicianof1

Re: Are we going to see Revalver Mark III.V this year?

Post by musicianof1 » Tue Dec 21, 2010 1:02 pm

I just saw a full page Sweetawater ad for Revalver MK III.V in the latest issue of Recording magazine. I emailed Sweetwater and asked about a release date. They said "in a few months." Sound familiar?

DaleVishay

Post by DaleVishay » Tue Dec 21, 2010 1:13 pm

:shock: Epic Fail for Peavey. I guess TH2 will be my choice if mark 3.5 won't come in a few days.

musicianof1

Post by musicianof1 » Tue Dec 21, 2010 4:08 pm

This doesn't necessarily mean that they have the correct info but it sounds more likely to be true than not. That said, someone on the tech support team said just 3 days ago over at guitarampmodeling.com that before Xmas holiday was the last word they got on the matter.

DaleVishay

Post by DaleVishay » Tue Dec 21, 2010 4:23 pm

Since we don't celebrate Xmas here :mrgreen: , when does the holiday start :?:

djayart

Post by djayart » Tue Dec 21, 2010 4:25 pm

We have to wait 3 weeks. :mrgreen:
2011 NAMM next January 13-16.
DjayartPackSkins for Revalver . Stomp Boxes and Effects
http://forums.peavey.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=9070

musicianof1

Post by musicianof1 » Tue Dec 21, 2010 4:29 pm

Hey djayart,

Is that something you predict or something you heard?

DaleVishay

Post by DaleVishay » Tue Dec 21, 2010 4:37 pm

djayart wrote:We have to wait 3 weeks. :mrgreen:
2011 NAMM next January 13-16.
They have announced mk III.V at NAMM 2010, I would announce Mk IV for marketing if I were Peavey. :twisted:

Roodillon

Post by Roodillon » Tue Dec 21, 2010 5:35 pm

DaleVishay wrote:I don't think so :lol: .
Oh boy here we go again...

djayart

Post by djayart » Tue Dec 21, 2010 6:53 pm

musicianof1 wrote:Hey djayart,

Is that something you predict or something you heard?
Just a prediction :roll:
DjayartPackSkins for Revalver . Stomp Boxes and Effects
http://forums.peavey.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=9070

DaleVishay

Post by DaleVishay » Tue Dec 21, 2010 7:13 pm

Roodillon wrote:
DaleVishay wrote:I don't think so :lol: .
Oh boy here we go again...
Come on, Peavey hasn't updated Revalver's product page yet even after 2.5 years and Flathill is still named Higher (beta build name) there :lol: .

silhouette

Post by silhouette » Wed Dec 22, 2010 7:21 am

Better start getting used to the alternatives.
The combination of Amplitude 3 and TH2 is working for me.

The buzz has definitely gone.
Very sad!
Fender EJ Strat - Fender MIJ Strat - Wudtone Strat - Gibson L4 + 175 - 3x Musicman Silhouettes - Intel i7 64bit - 3.2 x 6 - 12 gig RAM - Windows 7 - RME Fireface UC - ATI Radeon HD 5400 - Cubase 7.5 -UAD Solo + Duo - Mackie HR824

Bill0287

Post by Bill0287 » Wed Dec 22, 2010 1:31 pm

The free Amp Sims found over at guitarampmodeling.com have rendered all the commercial sims basically unnecessary (IMHO)...or at least you have to look very hard at why you'd drop several hundred dollars for those instead of using the vast array of free VSTs.

Roodillon

Post by Roodillon » Wed Dec 22, 2010 2:00 pm

Bill0287 wrote:guitarampmodeling.com
I never saw guitarampmodeling.com before so thanks for mentioning it. It looks very interesting!

As far as the free sims replacing ReValver, I don't think that any of the free ones have .vst hosting, IR hosting, deep editing. factory authorized models and other features that ReValver has, and those features are the reason that I bought ReValver and will always enjoy it. But I have to agree that free software can definitely put a dent into the sales of commercial software, It stands to reason - why buy something when you can get the same thing for free? But the big question is - CAN you get an exact replacement for ReValver at no cost? I don't think that you can get an exact replacement of ReValver at any price and that's why I bought it.

Also, I think that many commercial software developers are not yet ready to drop their prices from the several hundred dollars that they could get a few years ago to a significantly lowered price today. But that's the way that it is - for just one example look at the price of NI's Komplete 7 compared to what it cost a few years ago. It used to cost well over $1,000. Now it costs $499, and it has a LOT more content. So maybe Peavey decided that if it could not get $299 for the software anymore that they'd just stop making it. I think that there is still room for profit at a significantly reduced price though - the markup on software can be quite high. They just have to get used to the fact that the profits are not as large as they used to be. But that would explain the lack of development on ReValver and the absence of 3.5. Looking back, 3.5 was probably just a marketing ploy. Something to spur sales and keep them going for a while to bag as many sales as possible from a dying product. I don't think that 3.5 ever existed as anything more than a screenshot.

Bill0287

Post by Bill0287 » Wed Dec 22, 2010 2:15 pm

Spend some time over there and then reassess your opinion.
  • Yes, there are free VST hosting modules (several, in fact)
    Yes, there are free IR hosting modules (more powerful than RV's by quite a lot)
    Yes, there are free stomp box VSTs
    Yes, there are free amps based on real world amps (maybe not "authorized", but does that matter if it sounds right? No.
Other than RVs deep editing and the Peavey specific amps, I would say you can replace it quite easily - depending on your needs.

Over there you will find free amp sims for:

ENGL 530
Marshal Super Lead Plex
Marshall JCM
Mesa Boogie Rectifier
ENGL POWERBALL E 645
Bogner Ecstacy
Peavy 5150
Peavy 6505
Soldano
Fender Twin 1969
Marshall JCM900 Dual Reverb

As well as loads and loads of IRs to go with them, not to mention a bunch of original amps which also sound great.

All I am saying is that there are options for those who are fed up with RVs support and development process.

Roodillon wrote:
I never saw guitarampmodeling.com before so thanks for mentioning it. It looks very interesting!

As far as the free sims replacing ReValver, I don't think that any of the free ones have .vst hosting, IR hosting, deep editing. factory authorized models and other features that ReValver has, and those features are the reason that I bought ReValver and will always enjoy it. But I have to agree that free software can definitely put a dent into the sales of commercial software, It stands to reason - why buy something when you can get the same thing for free? But the big question is - CAN you get an exact replacement for ReValver at no cost? I don't think that you can get an exact replacement of ReValver at any price and that's why I bought it.