ReValver Update

ReValver product discussion. This is a user-to-user forum, and not product support.

Moderators: Michael Ljunggren, ReValver Support Team

scottm

ReValver Update

Post by scottm » Mon Mar 01, 2010 8:17 am

"Please allow me to introduce myself...."

I just wanted to pop in and say hello to everyone here. My name is Scott Mire. I am the Marketing Director here at Peavey. I also now happen to be the Product Manager for ReValver. Basically, this means that I will be overseeing our development/release schedule, help plan the future of the product, and (most importantly) get a handle on our support initiatives. So, let me focus on a few topics that have been bouncing around lately...

First off, let me address the 800 pound gorilla in the room. Peavey is committed to ReValver. Period. To quote Harley Peavey:

"ReValver is the future"

One thing we noticed in the beginning of our involvement with ReValver was the level of enthusiasm that the existing ReValver users had for the product. When a product goes from being a company's sole focus to being one of 2000+ products, it can be a little scary for that group. I get that.

Ok, now on to the 1800 pound gorilla in the room. Bug fixes. We are shooting for a MKIII bug fix release in April. That release will, of course, be free. We will publish a list of the issues that the release will address prior to the release.

Support. This has been a tough one. As a hardware company, we have the best hardware support in the business. Our software support (or any perceived lack thereof) has been run separately and has been quite an uphill battle for us. Having said that, I am focusing on our support initiatives and will do everything in my power to close the loop on any outstanding issues and stay on top of things going forward. Of course, talking about support is like whistling about fishing (think about it...). In the words of the wise Yoda: "Do or do not...there is no try".

MK III.V...We will be announcing the beta program here soon, so keep a lookout for that. As far as official announcements concerning III.V release dates, upgrade info, etc...those will be posted through the official news on Peavey.com. I for one, an very excited about the release and think that it will give us all a lot to play with until ReValver IV gets here.

I have been seeing a number of posts here to the effect of "It would be cool if ReValver....". Well, all I can say is that more than one post called it right on the money. There are very exciting things coming down the line. Obviously, I can't say, other than I am looking forward to the future. I don't think anyone will be disappointed.

In closing, I would like to give everyone here a heartfelt thanks for supporting ReValver.

Scott Mire
Marketing Director
Peavey Electronics