Amplink HD Discontinued

The AmpKit LiNK audio interface raises the audio fidelity bar for the iPhone platform. AmpKit LiNK is an iPhone, iPod touch* and iPad interface for electric guitar, bass, or any line level source, with an output that can be connected to headphones, powered speakers or a PA.

Moderator: AmpKit Support

Mzedalis8

Amplink HD Discontinued

Post by Mzedalis8 » Thu Oct 08, 2015 11:49 pm

Hi
Does anyone know why the amplink hd was discontinued? I have been trying to buy one and cannot find it anywhere. Also how good is the amplink II vs the first design.
Thanks

guitarNewbie

Re: Amplink HD Discontinued

Post by guitarNewbie » Tue Feb 09, 2016 4:49 pm

Did you ever get an answer on this?

I have been searching the Internet for days and I cannot seem to locate this product anywhere. Most businesses who have sold it in the past have either discontinued it or list it as having an extremely long back order.

Is Peavey still making this product or has it been discontinued? What is the status? Please advise.

Mzedalis8

Post by Mzedalis8 » Tue Feb 09, 2016 9:05 pm

Yes, I finally got a reply from peavey. The HD model is discontinued. I am still going to try and find one. I also was told that Ampkit is having problems with the organization and that's why there have been no updates

jamhow

Post by jamhow » Wed Feb 10, 2016 11:21 pm

I talked to a local Peavey sales rep the other day and asked about ordering an Ampkit Link HD Lightning interface. He called back and told me he just spoke to Peavey and they have discontinued this device BECAUSE they are coming out with a new updated version called Ampkit Link HD 2. He wasn't sure when it was going to be available. I wonder if this is true or should I settle for the IK Multimedia IRig HD or Pro.

Mzedalis8

Post by Mzedalis8 » Sun Feb 21, 2016 8:43 pm

I don't think they are going to come out with another one. I think they want people to go to revalver which looks pretty decent to me.