Stuck with an expensive piece of gear that's dead.

The AmpKit LiNK audio interface raises the audio fidelity bar for the iPhone platform. AmpKit LiNK is an iPhone, iPod touch* and iPad interface for electric guitar, bass, or any line level source, with an output that can be connected to headphones, powered speakers or a PA.

Moderator: AmpKit Support

copytekk

Stuck with an expensive piece of gear that's dead.

Post by copytekk » Wed Jan 28, 2015 8:29 pm

It's so damn frustrating! I bought an AmpKit LiNK HD, used it maybe a dozen times, if that, and now it has failed and I'm just stuck with it. If I plug it in the red LED comes on and the Ampkit app shows no input. If I unplug it and plug it back in I can sometimes get the LED to turn green and start playing through it but then after a couple of minutes it changes back to red, no input. I tested it with my daughter's iPad and I got the same result. (There's another post on the forum by some poor person who was having the same problem and no one ever responded to him.) I called Peavey and they said I really needed to contact Agile Partners who, by the way, have no phone number - only an email address. Took them almost a week to respond and all they did was have me test it by rebooting the iPad with the interface plugged in. When that didn't change anything they said to contact Peavey because it's a hardware issue. Peavey said there's nothing they can do because it's out of warrantee (by 3 months!) and it would cost more to fix than to replace. Does no one stand by their product anymore?

By the way Peavey, why is this thing no longer available for sale anywhere? Did they all start having problems? Sorry if I'm bitter but I just went through this with an LCD TV and it really just make you feel helpless. Everything is made to be disposable now.

thunda

Re: Stuck with an expensive piece of gear that's dead.

Post by thunda » Wed Jan 28, 2015 11:38 pm

a couple of years ago I received an iRig as a gift from my daughter. Works the same as Ampkit link with iPod/iPhone using Agile Partners app. Was kinda fun/interesting to me for all of about 15 minutes. Then I realized, after dealing with all the cords and connections and the iPod falling on the floor and the headphone line getting tangled up with the guitar cord and strap and the total annoyance of the whole concept: just plug into a real amp. For me, it was just a really crappy toy (and toys break). It's sitting on the shelf where it shall remain. Just my two cents' worth.
When Gibsons are outlawed, only outlaws will have Gibsons

Si Gibsons proscriptae soli proscript habebit Gibsons

copytekk

Post by copytekk » Thu Jan 29, 2015 9:22 am

I have real amps and I enjoy playing through them. I bought this so I could record music in Garageband, etc. I know know it's not the best recording platform but it's all I can really afford.

Hemi

Post by Hemi » Wed Feb 04, 2015 7:47 pm

I'm with thunda, I bought one to use my iPad as a practice amp and for noodles.

It sounds crap, it's a pain in the arse to use with all those cables, I'm back to using my little practice amp and recording noodles on my phone, waste of money.
Varg Vikernes - uses Piveë Amps and Guitars, you should too. :mrgreen: