Ampkit not working, not input or output signal

The AmpKit LiNK audio interface raises the audio fidelity bar for the iPhone platform. AmpKit LiNK is an iPhone, iPod touch* and iPad interface for electric guitar, bass, or any line level source, with an output that can be connected to headphones, powered speakers or a PA.

Moderator: AmpKit Support

kill'em all

Ampkit not working, not input or output signal

Post by kill'em all » Thu Jan 06, 2011 7:32 pm

So, I just got an ampkit but i can't make it work. I've downloaded the free version of the app in my 2g ipod touch a couple of times, tested my cables, my headphones, 2 guitars and a bass and everytime I try there's not input signal, please help, getting a little frustrated over here. I e-mailed the agile guys twice but they haven't answered me yet.

Thanks a lot for helping me

Ripwad

Re: Ampkit not working, not input or output signal

Post by Ripwad » Fri Jan 14, 2011 4:42 pm

What I know is that it will not work with first gneration iPOD touch models. The first generation IPOD touch units do not have the built in capability, bascially you can tell which ones are first generation becasue they do not have a speaker built in. Are you sure you have a 2GB iPOD Touch? I thought Apple started with 8 GB.

:)

hendersondayton

Post by hendersondayton » Fri Feb 04, 2011 6:25 am

I have a second gen touch and my won't work either. P.S. you can also tell the touch version by the model number on the back.

Here is a good way to tell: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1353#ipodtouch

anyway, I have found no resolution to this problem and am looking into replacement.

shahid2000

Post by shahid2000 » Sat Feb 26, 2011 6:54 pm

i just buy a new AMP LINK at guitar show in Birmingham yesterday.i cant even connect my ipod with this gadget.guide me please.how can i solve this problem? i dont wanna go back to birmingham.it cost me a lot of money.i would like to know what items that i must have to connect my ipod with my guitar by using AMP LINK.. A.S.A.P.

bradley_ny

Post by bradley_ny » Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:07 am

Any time you're having connection issues or through-put, definitely get in touch with us at [email protected] - We work extremely hard to resolve these cases asap.

DSR31

Post by DSR31 » Mon May 16, 2011 6:48 am

Mine worked fine for a month and then became increasingly difficult to get a good connection. I often had to pull the plug out slightly and finally I couldn't get it to work at all. I took it apart and found that the 1/4 plug interface is a series of 3 small metal contacts which are just 'snapped' into the circuit board. As these contacts are used repeatedly, they loosen up. I tried to re-snap them in and this works temporarily (like 2 or 3 times) and then the problem reappears. :x

My solution was to carefully solder these contacts into the board and this has solved the connection problems. Do this at your own risk but I found it not too difficult and eliminates the frustration of fiddling with this device instead of playing. :mrgreen:

This is definitely a design problem that I hope AmpKit addresses it with their next version. I would be surprised if they were not aware of this problem already.

barderc

Post by barderc » Wed May 18, 2011 7:26 am

Just wanted to let everyone know that my AmpKit arrived yesterday. Tried it with both 4th Gen iTouch and 3rd Gen iPhone but both times with no success whatsoever.

I have now requested a replacement - will let you know if it works.

Judging by general web feedback you have to wonder if the design of AmpKit is simply not robust enough...

bradley_ny

Post by bradley_ny » Wed May 18, 2011 8:25 am

Do not go back to your retailer at this point. Get in touch with me so we can be certain where the replacement comes from. [email protected]

dropd

Post by dropd » Wed May 18, 2011 8:50 am

Had to replace mine. First one didn't work. It's a known issue and there are issues with the jack input not getting a proper connection. Had mine replaced, it works now but sadly mine has lots of feedback so I can't even play it with high gain. That was the whole point to me. I have an iPhone 4 completely updated.
Not impressed with this product at all. $40 down the drain for the Amp Link and purchased amp and effect.
Should be a recall if you ask me. It's the right thing to do.
dropd

bradley_ny

Post by bradley_ny » Wed May 18, 2011 5:17 pm

dropd - have we chatted? If you got a proper replacement, then you shouldn't be getting feedback, and that's likely a different issue. Let me know.

Greg_Brown_ADL

Post by Greg_Brown_ADL » Sun May 22, 2011 7:11 am

Same Problem Here.
Very low input levels can be reached despit input gain of 100%
( 2 - 4 green bars with strong strumming)
Result is the same for several guitars, several instrument cords, several sets of batteries.
Its a complete waste of time.
I expect a prompt response and a fix guys because this is really not what folks expect from all the reviewers and manufacturer's claims.

If there is a bad batch get them off the street, or urgently tell all suppliers what is going on, so they can deal with their / your customers quickly maintaining goodwill

My guitar shop guy thinks I am technically incompetent. My academic records suggests otherwise.
Also I think the support email is very difficult to find.
I have now email [email protected].
But woudl appreciate a response here too.
Cheers

With a problem like this, make it obvious, as well as any solution.

bradley_ny

Post by bradley_ny » Sun May 22, 2011 6:43 pm

Greg,

If you emailed us at info@, then we should be in touch at this point. We'll get this resolved asap.

dropd

Post by dropd » Wed May 25, 2011 9:12 pm

bradly_ny
I have not checked this post in a while.
I haven't touched the Amplink in weeks.
I will have to retry and repost exactly what is happening.
dropd
Thanks for addressing it.

bradley_ny

Post by bradley_ny » Thu May 26, 2011 8:55 am

dropd - absolutely - fastest way to work through this is to get in touch with me directly via email or using the in-app contact options (under info). Those come directly to us.

MADIMAX

Post by MADIMAX » Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:41 pm

Hi everyone, first time here. Got mine today and also no suond and nothing on the out and input meter. Pulled the guitar plug slowly out off the input jack about 2-3 mm and then it it worked.

So i disassembled it and as DSR31 did i did to but it seems to get loose again and i have to pull it out a bit to make it work.

Regards Peter from Sweden