PR NEO 15

This forum is for discussions on all kinds of AA speakers and enclosures.
MARK 1951

PR NEO 15

Post by MARK 1951 » Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:01 pm

Does anyone know how to de-code the mfg. date on these speakers. We are looking a pair of used (but very new looking). We are trying to find out the age of these...

Marty McCann

Re: PR NEO 15

Post by Marty McCann » Tue Jan 25, 2011 10:14 am

They can not be more than a few years old, as we have not made them with Neo drivers until relatively recently.

jackson

Post by jackson » Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:52 pm

It sounds like your trying to micro manage your finances to buy a pair. If they are in mint condition then I wouldn't pay more that 2 thirds of ther original amount which is approx. $150 per cab because of the warranty. These are the things you have to look at if you want to micro, price at time of production, and condition that they are in, and of course the warranty. There are cabs out there, used that are going for almost there original price because of their value. It all depends on what you want and willing to pay in a used market. I know this a late post but posted it for general knowledge.
Jackson

SemperFiSound

Post by SemperFiSound » Wed Jun 01, 2011 9:41 pm

Also ensure that the drivers are in fact original or OEM. Not so much in the PR series, but I have seen SP & QW cabinets for sale on CL and eBay with inexpensive "aftermarket" speakers that the owner put in and then sold the Black Widow or Low Riders separately at a premium.

Cheers,
Steve
SemperFi Sound; the website
SemperFi Sound On FaceBook
"The Art of War teaches us to rely, not upon the calculated likelihood of
the enemy's coming or not, but on our own readiness to receive him... no
matter what he does." Sun Tzu