X-Frame 88 fault light

This forum is for discussions on the various types of AA processors and effects.
Jens Droessler

X-Frame 88 fault light

Post by Jens Droessler » Wed Jun 18, 2014 8:33 pm

Hi there!

I bought an X-Frame 88 on eBay which was supposed to be used but in working condition. It arrived today. When I start it up, the fault light will come on and the display shows "press NEXT to clear fault history light". Pressing NEXT will reboot the device, but the same message will appear over and over. Pressing other buttons will make the display show "not configured". So I started up the X-Ware software and compiled a simple input to output setup. This works, the fault light will go off, the unit works and I can use the data wheel to change values on the setup, like levels etc... but only until it is turned off and on again. In that case it will show "clearing" on the display and then "press NEXT to ..." again. Same happens if I press NEXT after compiling and running a setup (as said, the setup runs fine, until NEXT is pressed, making the unit reboot).

What could be the problem here? Defective flash memory?

Jens Droessler

Re: X-Frame 88 fault light

Post by Jens Droessler » Sun Jun 22, 2014 6:19 pm

Any ideas where else I could ask for help?

JoshM

Re: X-Frame 88 fault light

Post by JoshM » Tue Jun 24, 2014 11:04 am

Jens Droessler wrote:Hi there!

I bought an X-Frame 88 on eBay which was supposed to be used but in working condition. It arrived today. When I start it up, the fault light will come on and the display shows "press NEXT to clear fault history light". Pressing NEXT will reboot the device, but the same message will appear over and over. Pressing other buttons will make the display show "not configured". So I started up the X-Ware software and compiled a simple input to output setup. This works, the fault light will go off, the unit works and I can use the data wheel to change values on the setup, like levels etc... but only until it is turned off and on again. In that case it will show "clearing" on the display and then "press NEXT to ..." again. Same happens if I press NEXT after compiling and running a setup (as said, the setup runs fine, until NEXT is pressed, making the unit reboot).

What could be the problem here? Defective flash memory?
Hi Jens,

In the XWare software there is an option to automatically clear the fault light upon power up. Open your configuration file in XWare 2.3h, go to File > Compile Options and find the check box that says:
Clear Fault Light on Power Up

Now you will need to compile and save this configuration in your X-Frame 88. So, plug in the serial cable between your computer and the X-Frame. Next hit F9 to execute the compile. Finally go to File and choose Save to File and Processor. This will store the configuration file into your X-Frame so it can be recalled and loaded automatically upon reboot.

Good luck! Please let us know how it turns out!

Thanks!
Josh
Josh Millward
Danley Sound Labs
Burnt Orange Studios