Using AA amplifiers in a mobile setting.

This forum is for talking about all kinds of AA power amplifiers.
neonpachyderm

Using AA amplifiers in a mobile setting.

Post by neonpachyderm » Sat Jan 08, 2011 1:34 pm

I recently came across some Peavey AA amps (ICA-600's and ICA-2400's) selling at VERY reasonable prices and here's what I'm wondering. (They're on eBay, and they're coming from a church in Tulsa, so I won't have to pay shipping.)

The amps in question were pulled from a high school football stadium that is getting a complete new system.

The seller says these will come with input adapters to connect to the Euroblock inputs. Other than the Euroblock inputs, and bare screw terminal outputs, is there any major difference between the ICA series and other amp series such as the CS? (I'm discounting the new IPRs...they're a completely different breed.)

I'm thinking of getting one 600 and one 2400 if the prices stay low enough. This would GREATLY increase my available power AND (since the 600 is a two-space unit) give me an extra rack space in my gig rack.
Neon Pachyderm Sound is still mostly powered by Peavey!

Yamaha and Behringer mixers
CS800X for tops
CS1400 driving SP118X subs
Crown CE2000 driving Fender 118S subs

Marty McCann

Re: Using AA amplifiers in a mobile setting.

Post by Marty McCann » Mon Jan 10, 2011 3:57 pm

>>>
is there any major difference between the ICA series and other amp series
<<<

Other than the input and output interfaces. NO difference!

neonpachyderm

Post by neonpachyderm » Mon Jan 10, 2011 4:18 pm

Thanks, Marty. That was the impression I got from the specs. I'm thinking if I get these, I'll wire the adapters up to a patch panel for input and output. I'm pursuing getting two of the ICA-600s to replace the amps in my current setup, and a 2400 for when I get my new subs. The ICAs have a nearly blank front, so it will clean up the look of my rig significantly as well.
Neon Pachyderm Sound is still mostly powered by Peavey!

Yamaha and Behringer mixers
CS800X for tops
CS1400 driving SP118X subs
Crown CE2000 driving Fender 118S subs

simonatkins

Post by simonatkins » Wed Feb 01, 2012 7:11 pm

Yeah, it gives me a clearer information about mobile settings. I had much interest on amplifiers and I just bought a new one for me.