New Laptop........problematic????????

A general discussion forum for everything AA.
ribar

New Laptop........problematic????????

Post by ribar » Sun Jun 05, 2011 3:50 pm

It was necessary for me to replace my laptop recently. Thinking that on this go-around I would go for the maximum, I bought a Windows 7 64bit machine. I was replacing a Windows 7 32bit machine.
The primary use for the laptop was to do adjustments to 3 A/A M/M equipped venues using Ampware PC for control and adjustment. The software ran flawlessly and I became quite adept at working with it. When I tried to install the Ampware PC program on the new laptop, it wouldn't install.
I called the manufacturer ( of the laptop ) and was told that the installer program for Ampware PC is a 32bit installer. The tech support guy tried several different ways to get the program to load, but with no success. Does anyone know if Ampware is available in a 64bit format? Or moreover, has anyone else experienced this and resolved the install issue?
I hate to think that this new laptop won't be able to do what I need.......and I really don't want to return it.......it has a bunch of other bells and whistles that make it very desirable!!!!
Hope someone out there has a fix for this.
Thanks.
ribar