vsx presets

A forum for discussing the VSX and share settings
Talleyman

vsx presets

Post by Talleyman » Fri Jul 22, 2016 12:12 pm

Hello everyone. I’m new to the Versarray and VSX 26 processing world, and looks like I’m a few years behind. :D I have acquired a 6 hang 112 MK1 system with 2 X VR218 per side that was being processed by a DBX480 until the battery died and settings lost. So, needless to say… I’m starting from scratch, but with a VSX26. I have searched the internet for default preset files for the DBX480 and the VSX 26 for my Versarray 112 MK1 6 hang. I’ve found a few processor setting sheets to get me started, but anything I have found does not specify MK1 or MK2 they just says 112. How do you tell the difference? From what I’ve read the processor settings will be different between the MK1 and MK2. The only thing I could find on Peavey’s website to download is VR-PJT8.V26. I think this might get me close to what I need, but being a newby I’m not sure it will be the optimum settings. I have loaded the vr-pjt8.v26 file up on the VSX26 using a USB stick, but I’d like to make sure that I’ve got the critical settings correct before I go very far. I’ve been getting familiar with the VSX26 using a few preset sheets I found for the VSX48. Will those setting be the same, or similar to the VSX26? Does anyone have v26 presets they’d be willing to share for a 112 MARK1 6 hang with 2 X 218 per side system? Or anyone have DBX480 settings they would share? Also is there a way to save settings out to a USB stick from the VSX26 for backup? I did finally find the VSXeditor program on a Japanese webserver. Whew! That could have been great, but I think it will be easier to type it in than use the program. I read after all that ordeal that the software was beta and dropped. I was looking for a way to save files. I’ve heard about processor settings that are Safe, Rock & Roll, Normal but have found none that were complete, or without question.
Thanks for any guidance.
wbtalleyATgmail.com
Bill

Roger Crimm

Re: vsx presets

Post by Roger Crimm » Fri Jul 22, 2016 3:35 pm

Download the document titled "Info for Maximum Reliability" under additional literature at this page:

http://peavey.com/products/index.cfm/item/665/116398

That will be a good start. I am sure some of the other guys will chime in with more info.
Roger Crimm
Service Manager
[email protected]

Dano0369

Post by Dano0369 » Fri Jul 22, 2016 5:14 pm

Hello Sir: go to the software page down load the vsx processor log. it's a paper version of a thumbdrive. you can save any of the presets out of the vsx into a thumbdrive. search the forum for marty's discussion on the differences sensitivity and power handeling of mk1 and mk2. i use the rock and roll settings that Don and Marty worked up most of the time. Dont recommend those for mk1's though. go with normal or safe and adjust back for the mk1's Good luck :arrow:
Dano0369

Talleyman

Post by Talleyman » Fri Jul 22, 2016 10:12 pm

Roger Crimm wrote:Download the document titled "Info for Maximum Reliability" under additional literature at this page:

http://peavey.com/products/index.cfm/item/665/116398

That will be a good start. I am sure some of the other guys will chime in with more info.

Roger,

I guess i didn't scroll down far enough to see those files.

Thanks,
Bill

Talleyman

Post by Talleyman » Fri Jul 22, 2016 10:31 pm

Dano0369 wrote:Hello Sir: go to the software page down load the vsx processor log. it's a paper version of a thumbdrive. you can save any of the presets out of the vsx into a thumbdrive. search the forum for marty's discussion on the differences sensitivity and power handeling of mk1 and mk2. i use the rock and roll settings that Don and Marty worked up most of the time. Dont recommend those for mk1's though. go with normal or safe and adjust back for the mk1's Good luck :arrow:

Dano,

Are you talking about the LOG file in the VSX48 software download page. I don't see anything for the VSX 26. Also are the files the same, extension different? Can I just rename the file extension from .v48 to .v26 and use them? I'll try it and see what happens. I have read papers on fixed gain amps that Marty and a few others have written. Good stuff too! I don't have Peavey amps so I will defiantly be checking amp voltages the way Marty describes.

Thanks for the info,
Bill

Dano0369

Post by Dano0369 » Sat Jul 23, 2016 1:07 pm

Hell-o Sir; If you'll look over those documents all the settings and filters are there you would just have to input them manually into either the driverack or vsx. The reason i usually run the r&r setting is in a guitar heavey world the mid driver is going all the way to 2k. i also like to run a 6 up 6 down 4 way, also to have a low mid to take some of the crowdiness ( is that a word?) off the mid driver . I think your well down the right track, just dont over power those ribbons. Their a bugger to redo until you get the hang of it. good luck :arrow:
Dano0369