VSX 48 Input and output configuration

A forum for discussing the VSX and share settings
shegzyplanet

VSX 48 Input and output configuration

Post by shegzyplanet » Sat Jun 18, 2016 9:17 am

Hello,
I would like to know if I the following configuration is possible with the VSX 48.

2 output from the mixer(stereo) into 2 of the VSX48 input to give me 4 output from the VSX48 output (i.e. (High/mid) and low each)
1 output from the mixer Aux1 into 1 of the VSX48 input to give me 2 output on VSX48 (i.e. (High/mid) and low)
1 output from the mixer Aux2 into 1 of the VSX48 input to give me 2 output on VSX48 (i.e. (High/mid) and low)

This information is quite urgent. I would appreciate assistance from anyone

Josjor

Re: VSX 48 Input and output configuration

Post by Josjor » Sat Jun 18, 2016 2:59 pm

You have four configurable inputs and eight configurable outputs and you can do just about anything you want to with it.......but not exactly what you have written down. Remember: 8 outputs max. You wrote:
INPUTS OUTPUTS
Main L Low, Mid, Hi (outs 1-3)
Main R Low, Mid, Hi (outs 4-6)
Aux 1 Low, Hi (outs 7-8)
Aux 2 YOUR OUT OF OUTS

So if you want to run Left, Right, and two Aux through your VSX48 you can either change your mains to bi-amp or your Auxes to full range. Alternatively you could change your mains to mono which is probably what I would do since about 85% of the time, stereo is nearly useless on the mains.
www.yandasmusic.com
Don't believe me. I'm just guessing.
Neutiquam Erro

Peter Richter

Re: VSX 48 Input and output configuration

Post by Peter Richter » Sat Jun 18, 2016 11:55 pm

I think I see what you mean OP. The high/mids of the stereo outs are together... So only two way?
If that's the case then your answer is yes. You would have to go into custom set ups... Not presets
Peter Richter
Brisbane Audio Services - Sound and Lighting for Any Event
Brisbane, Australia
http://www.brisbaneaudioservices.com.au