Settings for QW2F with aux fed QW218

A forum for discussing the VSX and share settings
action

Settings for QW2F with aux fed QW218

Post by action » Fri Sep 18, 2015 4:54 pm

Wondering if anyone had a preset for QW2F/QW218 with the subs aux fed off the mic input. I see on the board many have said the preset on the website is wrong, so heck if anyone just had one that was considered right, I would take that at least.

Also I was wondering why on the factory preset outs 1-2 and 3-4 are reverse polarity?

Thanks
MJ

Marty McCann

Re: Settings for QW2F with aux fed QW218

Post by Marty McCann » Sat Sep 19, 2015 1:06 pm

There are multipe ways to have DSPsettings result in the same transfer function. When using multiple orders of bandpass filters there is intrinsic phase shifts. Sometimes a polarity reverse is simply a short cut.

I not longer have the preset file I once created. And if I did it would be like giveing you a fish. Read the attachments and if you can comprehend the material you will be come a fisherman. If the info is above your head, then never mind. Perhaps someone else has a fish to spare.
Attachments
X-Overs 2010.pdf
(271.03 KiB) Downloaded 497 times
17.2 Crossovers 102.pdf
(123.72 KiB) Downloaded 483 times
17.1 Crossovers 101.pdf
(65.14 KiB) Downloaded 477 times
Programming QW System[1].pdf
(759.46 KiB) Downloaded 515 times

action

Post by action » Sat Sep 19, 2015 1:14 pm

Thanks for that, I was hoping for a shortcut share from someone if they had it. Sent SemperFiSound an email, looks like he shared previously, but no reply so far.

Marty McCann

Post by Marty McCann » Sat Sep 19, 2015 7:46 pm

Of all ny proteges, Semper whould have a valid preset. So would Brad from Darwin.

thenosboss

Post by thenosboss » Tue Sep 29, 2015 8:13 am

As Marty suggested I have suitable pre-sets as I do indeed run QW2 with aux or mono fed QW218s.

However, I do not use the mic input on the VSX.... if you do use this input you need to attenuate the signal back down to microphone level.
I actually use 2 VSX units if I run in Stereo with aux subs.

The left (or right) signals go to input 'A' on each VSX.... then I use output 2 for mids and 3 for highs on both units ... the aux or mono sub is fed to input 'B' of the VSX.... then from output 4 to the sub amps.

If you want to use just one VSX.... run the system in mono with subs from aux....

Brad
Brad's Sound Company, Darwin, NT, Australia
8 x QW218, 8 x QW2F, 6 x SP15M
10 x CS4080, 3 x CS3000, 2 x CS2000, 1 x CS800x4, 1 x IPR1600
3 x VSX26, 2 x CEL-2a, 13 x QF131, 2 x PV231
32FX, 24FX, 16FX, Yamaha IM8-32

action

Post by action » Wed Oct 07, 2015 9:29 am

Crunched for time I decided to forget the aux fed. For aux fed I would have had to reprogram everything basically from scratch because it would require changing the configuration from the A-123 B-456 to the totally patchable 6 independent out, or at least from what I saw, because I needed the front input to only go to 1 and 4. Went fairly well minus my few personal errors. To my taste, I modified the sub eq portion and put the sub back normal polarity, and was satisfied for what I was working with.

You know this actually could have been a good unit. The GUI is ok, would have rather had a seperate enter button instead of pushing the wheel. If it would have been a little faster to scroll around the gui that would have been great, I find myself outrunning it. And fixing the USB connectivity, that's another black eye. The ability to use that front panel for aux fed very easily would have been a great addition for the dollar. The average person would love to hook it up and not have to study for hours over how to rig around to do a basic function. Will the average person use the presets and never look at the forums and find that they were one factory error away from having it perfect, yet they took it out and trashed it because it didn't work right?

Here again, an example of a pretty good Peavey product that just didn't quite hit the mark. When it was found the USB wasn't going to go they should have taken that out of literature... yet still today on the Peavey page it is marketed as computer controlled with USB. The presets on the website being wrong as everyone here warned about... that's just ridiculous. How long does that take to make right?? Everyone here is apparently using it and making it work, but this product could have competed more with the driverack PA had these issues been addressed. It's got more filters than the DCX2496, but the DCX2496 has a working PC interface and way better GUI. Enough of what could have been and back to today's issues. Thanks all!

Marty McCann

Post by Marty McCann » Wed Oct 07, 2015 12:16 pm

It is a matter of allocating limited resources. Which were better put into the Digitool MX