Vsx 26 settings for QW2 and 218 versarray

A forum for discussing the VSX and share settings
jamescg

Vsx 26 settings for QW2 and 218 versarray

Post by jamescg » Mon May 25, 2015 11:50 am

Need setting for this set up. 4 - Qw2 and 4- 218 Versaray . Running 3 way. Help needed

Josjor

Re: Vsx 26 settings for QW2 and 218 versarray

Post by Josjor » Tue May 26, 2015 6:07 am

I would start with the QW2-QW218 settings that you can download here: http://peavey.com/support/software/vsx26_presets.cfm
It's the second one on the list.

NOTE: Upon loading the settings into the VSX, take time to make sure that the A and B inputs are the same. Some of the settings have differences between the two. Channel A is the correct one so copy any settings from Channel A and transfer them to Channel B.

This will get you pretty danged close, probably close enough to get through a gig. You'll probably have to tweak the low settings a bit as the V218's are stronger than the QW218's. Oddly enough, the QW's actually have a smoother response in the region you'll be using them (<120hz) than the V218's.
www.yandasmusic.com
Don't believe me. I'm just guessing.
Neutiquam Erro

jamescg

Post by jamescg » Tue May 26, 2015 7:21 pm

Josjor wrote:I would start with the QW2-QW218 settings that you can download here: http://peavey.com/support/software/vsx26_presets.cfm
It's the second one on the list.

NOTE: Upon loading the settings into the VSX, take time to make sure that the A and B inputs are the same. Some of the settings have differences between the two. Channel A is the correct one so copy any settings from Channel A and transfer them to Channel B.

This will get you pretty danged close, probably close enough to get through a gig. You'll probably have to tweak the low settings a bit as the V218's are stronger than the QW218's. Oddly enough, the QW's actually have a smoother response in the region you'll be using them (<120hz) than the V218's.
Is there a reason why the lows has reverse polarity selected in the settings?

Josjor

Post by Josjor » Wed May 27, 2015 6:17 am

jamescg wrote:
Is there a reason why the lows has reverse polarity selected in the settings?
Interesting. I have no idea, but here's the bright side: You won't blow anything up by trying it and hearing what it sounds like. Try it both ways and see what sounds best. Of course, it would be best if you have some sort of analysis tool like SMAART.
www.yandasmusic.com
Don't believe me. I'm just guessing.
Neutiquam Erro