Can not upload presets from memory stick to VSX26.

A forum for discussing the VSX and share settings
All Black

Can not upload presets from memory stick to VSX26.

Post by All Black » Sat Jan 12, 2013 7:46 am

Hello there,
My name is Samuel and i run sound business in Pakistan. 95% of my products are from Peavey.
I baught a VSX26, Serial# K0531036, almost an year ago.I study it for a little while and then put in the storage because i found it a little complicated. I am posting this because, I see there are so many exprinced people are out here and they read the posts and reply according to their exprience.
After more studies and help from Anthony Godfrey (at Peavey) i am able to understand, what it is and how it works.
Now the problem i have is, It dose not shows the presets which i download from the site.
I downloaded the preset in a folder name VSX26 on the 2GB memory stick. I go to tools menu. Then go to the load preset.After that keep scroling, It shows the 8 factory presets.
It dose not read or show the presets which are on the memory stick. I changes the memory stick. Baught few diffrent brands of memory stick. But VSX is not reading or shows any of them on the display. I also reset to default. but still is the same.
Now my question is, Is there any mistake in the process that i am doing?
If not then i beleive that, This vsx was received with issue. Is there any way or any diagnoses that i can run on it or i have to send it Peavey to be repaired or fixed. So i dont have the problems in future and i can use this piece of equipment. I have sent the same message to Peavey repairs & if someone already had the same issue and fixed it please post it.
Thank you for all the support.
Samuel Irfan,
For
Sam's Sounds.

Marty McCann

Re: Can not upload presets from memory stick to VSX26.

Post by Marty McCann » Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:43 pm

It maybe that it is loading the program becasue you did not re-name it in the storage process.

The Name on the Memstick will NOT transfer, it must be stored as a preset in one of the eight memory banks and re-named.

Now if it is not loading then it may be a file structure issue.

the preset must be in a sub file labeled preset, which is in a file named vsx26

or it could be the knurly memstick incompatibility issue, if the above does not work do a such, the info is here somewhere.

All Black

Post by All Black » Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:45 pm

Mr Marty,
Thank you so much for the reply and the support you always provide to all of us.
I have baught 3 diffrent memory stick. But none of them are working or vsx is not reading any of them.
We have one very exprienced sound business owner. He runs Peavey line array MKii & SP4 with 218s. He is using these VSX for both of his applications. I took mine VSX over there. He have all the presets downloaded in his memo stick. When he plugs in his stick, It shows the only presets for QW series but it dose not shows the presets for SP series in my VSX.
2nd when he plugs the same memo stick to his vsx. It reads all the presets are availabale in the memo stick.
Sir,
Please let me know what i have to do now.

Thank you.

Marty McCann

Post by Marty McCann » Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:47 am

I know that it is weird, but sometimes the file on a stick can be corrupted or yes, simply not there.

The only way to confirm that the file is indeed on the stick in the file: vsx26/presets, is to look at it on the computer and read the directory. If it has the file name but says 0kb, it did not write the actual file to the stick.

There can be lots of issues with USB implementations, not just for this industry.

I do not miss using a computer all day long. I do however miss the 100Mb connection. With stinkn dial up it took 45 minutes to download a 1 Meg document.

This is why (at this point) I can not post often, that and the slow a** connection constantly getting kicked off the net.

N0YYM

Post by N0YYM » Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:19 am

In my experience, the size of the mem stick is the key. You must remove the U3 software if your stick has it. I have some early 8Mb USB1.x sticks that won't work with the VSX26, as well as some 2Gb and larger USB2.x sticks which also won't work. What I have that does work is a handful of 256Mb and 512Mb USB2.x sticks.
You should also check the firmware version on the VSX26 to make sure it's the latest greatest, which I think is v1.06, however you will need a compatible mem stick to upgrade it if necessary.

Hope this helps,
Johnny

All Black

Post by All Black » Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:38 pm

Hello All,
Thank you for all the support but i could not make it work. I talked to Peavey repair and send my VSX to them. Lets see what they say.