what speaker is used in the VIP series amplifiers? is this a dedicated guitar speaker?

A forum for discussing the Vypyr series amplifiers, Sanpera footswitches and share settings
Aghostt

what speaker is used in the VIP series amplifiers? is this a dedicated guitar speaker?

Post by Aghostt » Tue Mar 28, 2023 1:15 pm

hello, I have a question - what speaker is used in the VIP series amplifiers? is this a dedicated guitar speaker? Or is it a full range speaker like a speaker system? I can not find the characteristics and frequency range of the speaker anywhere.

stratpurist

Re: what speaker is used in the VIP series amplifiers? is this a dedicated guitar speaker?

Post by stratpurist » Wed Mar 29, 2023 9:59 am

It's a guitar speaker advertised as tuned/matched to that amp. I have a VIP II that I added a jack to switch from internal to external speaker.
Initially I connected to a Randall 2x12 (8ohms!) and it did not sound nearly as good as the original Blue Marvel.
"Everyone is entitled to their own opinions but not their own facts" Tip O'Neal
Guitars: 73 stratocaster, 2 Mexi strats, partscaster, 84 Epiphone Sheraton II, 76 Japanese LP clone
Amps: VYPYR 75, VYPYR 30, VIP II, sanpera II, Behringer GMX210

Aghostt

Re: what speaker is used in the VIP series amplifiers? is this a dedicated guitar speaker?

Post by Aghostt » Thu Mar 30, 2023 3:21 am

stratpurist wrote:
Wed Mar 29, 2023 9:59 am
It's a guitar speaker advertised as tuned/matched to that amp. I have a VIP II that I added a jack to switch from internal to external speaker.
Initially I connected to a Randall 2x12 (8ohms!) and it did not sound nearly as good as the original Blue Marvel.
thanks for the answer,
Is the blue marvel original for the VIP series? did I understand correctly? only he is tuned for VIP?
I think due to the fact that it accepts a bass guitar, it has a better extended lower end.