Vypyr X2/Vypyr Edit Mobile Bluetooth Connection Issues

A forum for discussing the Vypyr series amplifiers, Sanpera footswitches and share settings
KevinWiener

Vypyr X2/Vypyr Edit Mobile Bluetooth Connection Issues

Post by KevinWiener » Wed Dec 28, 2022 5:12 pm

I have a Peavey Vypyr X2 and a Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra phone. I can connect to the amp and stream music fine via Bluetooth, but the Vypyr Edit Mobile app will not connect to the amp?

If I open the app while the amp is on and click Scan for Vyvpr X, I get an empty Scan For Devices screen. If I reset the Bluetooth connection or power cycle the amp while the app is open, I get a "Vypyr X" option on the Scan For Devices screen after it reconnects, but clicking the Connect button just exits back to the main screen and the app says "Connecting..." in the upper right corner, but no connection is ever established. The Bluetooth symbol is also red, not sure if that is relevant or not.

Murray5

Re: Vypyr X2/Vypyr Edit Mobile Bluetooth Connection Issues

Post by Murray5 » Tue Apr 25, 2023 4:02 am

KevinWiener wrote:
Wed Dec 28, 2022 5:12 pm
I have a Peavey Vypyr X2 and a Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra phone. I can connect to the amp and stream music fine via Bluetooth, but the Vypyr Edit Mobile app will not connect to the amp?

If I open the app while the amp is on and click Scan for Vyvpr X, I get an empty Scan For Devices screen. If I reset the Bluetooth connection or power cycle the amp while the app is open, I get a "Vypyr X" option on the Scan For Devices screen after it reconnects, but clicking the Connect button just exits back to the main screen and the app says "Connecting..." in the upper right corner, but no connection is ever established. The Bluetooth symbol is also red, not sure if that is relevant or not.
I have no problem connecting my phone Bluetooth with bass and acoustic but it has problems with electric guitar. It's hard to understand.

Hapostor

Re: Vypyr X2/Vypyr Edit Mobile Bluetooth Connection Issues

Post by Hapostor » Wed Jun 07, 2023 3:17 am

Murray5 wrote:
Tue Apr 25, 2023 4:02 am
KevinWiener wrote:
Wed Dec 28, 2022 5:12 pm

I have no problem connecting my phone Bluetooth with bass and acoustic but it has problems with electric guitar. It's hard to understand.
I have the same problem. Anyone has the solution?