Peavy Vypyr X2 bluetooth App

A forum for discussing the Vypyr series amplifiers, Sanpera footswitches and share settings
Sarahlindsey

Peavy Vypyr X2 bluetooth App

Post by Sarahlindsey » Sun Dec 04, 2022 1:15 pm

It has been awhile since I have participated in this forum so I am not sure how active it is.

Couple of issues right away with he VypyrX app. Looks like a few programming errors that could easily be fixed. So here is a quick list from me just going through the app and playing for a couple of hours. The app is running on a iPad Air 5 with the latest IOS connected via Bluetooth to a Peavey Vypyr X2

Amp channels are mislabeled on all amps

Actual clean channel is labeled lead

Actual lead channel is labeled crunch

Actual crunch channel is labeled lead

Saved preset descriptions are not labeled in the app. You can access all the preset locations but you can’t see the description name until you Download it from the amp. That description field needs to be populated in the location drop down or it is essentially useless. When it is downloaded from the amp you see the description name but if you save it you still cant see the description in the app if you want to reload it later. So basically, no easy access to the presets from the app unless you make a paper list of what preset description is in what location. This makes it impossible to scroll through the preset drop down to select amp presets from the app.

A smaller issues is the drop down location list is off by 1 so the drop down list shows xx-4, xx-1, xx-2, xx-3 instead of 1,2,3,4. Just looks a little sloppy and stands out as you scroll through a 400 entry drop down.

Lastly, it would be really great to have the off/on button work for the stomp box effects. You can select the bypass selection form the drop down but it would be more fun if you could just press the graphic to turn the effect off and on like a real stomp box. (This is pretty standard on most amp simulators)

Maybe the app developers could take a look? Seems like an easy fix. Like I said I am not sure if anyone reads these posts anymore but I figured I would toss it out there anyway.

Kevin Boudloche
Web Team

Re: Peavy Vypyr X2 bluetooth App

Post by Kevin Boudloche » Tue Dec 06, 2022 2:27 pm

Thanks for the feedback!

I can confirm that we have the lead and clean (low gain and high gain) buttons mis-labeled, as well as the 00 - 4 miss-labeled which throws off the rest of the list, we'll get that cleaned up in the next update.

In the manual the channels are noted as:
For the X2, low gain is green, medium is yellow, and high is red.
For the X3, low gain is no icon, medium is a square, and high gain is a star.

This seems to differ slightly from what you are seeing, but I've tested this both on an X2 and an X3, on iOS and Android with the same results.

I'll re-label these buttons to correspond with what is in the manual to eliminate any confusion.

In terms of the preset labels being missing in the app's dropdown, that is a limitation of the amp. We can only retrieve the labels from the amp one by one by reading the entire preset (this is what happens when you load a preset from the amp) so there's no way for us to retrieve this without causing the amp to cycle through all of the presets. We also can't rely on the factory names because you can change them through writing a preset with a new name to the amp in a given slot.

There have also been reports of connectivity issues on iOS and I can recreate these as well, however I don't have a fix for this in the next update other than providing a bit more information. When the app doesn't see your amp, turning bluetooth on the amp off and on again and then re-opening the scan dialog should find the amp. This happens less often on Android, but it's very common on iOS.
Web Developer | Peavey Marketing
[email protected]

Sarahlindsey

Post by Sarahlindsey » Tue Dec 06, 2022 5:49 pm

Thanks for the reply Kevin.

I am just starting out with the my new X2.

So much fun and so many options to explore.

Not to be picky, but when I was checking out different amps I researched the X2 on the Peavey website and under features it shows that it is 60 watts. Amazon also shows it as 60 watts. When I received it I saw that it was actually 40 watts. Not deal breaker for me but I was just a little surprised. Still seems plenty loud for me.

I have been running two vypyr originals since 2009. 13 years later both are still going strong! One is a 75 watt 1-12 and one is a 100 watt 2 -12 I have them set up stereo with a pan/volume pedal. I have a sanpera 2 controller on the 75 watt and a sanpera 1 on the 100 watt. The combinations available with this set up is crazy. One of my favorites is a dirty channel on the lead amp and clean on the other amp.

I am looking to forward to putting the X2 in the first position in my rig with the sanpera 2 and taking out the 75 watt Vypyr. This should expand my options with the Variable Instrument Input to allow me to run my bass and acoustic through the same rig without having to switch amps. The Bluetooth controller adds even more options!

For the price point the X2 seems like a great amp! Thanks again for your response!

boothhape

Post by boothhape » Mon Jan 16, 2023 12:16 pm

I also had a similar issue with Peavy Vypyr X2 bluetooth App and looking to figure out its solution....

Does anyone here to help me to solve this issue.
BoothEvery Android use is familiar with Instagram and want to use it with more features and functions then download instapro apk at gbinstaa.com