Peavey VYPYR VIP3 issues

A forum for discussing the Vypyr series amplifiers, Sanpera footswitches and share settings
VTsnow1983

Peavey VYPYR VIP3 issues

Post by VTsnow1983 » Sat Nov 26, 2022 9:02 pm

No sound coming from speaker anymore but the headphone out is great, but the LCD screen says VIP2 when I power up the unit. I never noticed before or even bothered to look when I got the amp what the screen said. I was only interested in the sound it produced. But now that I have been having issues I have been paying a lot closer attention to things. Is it supposed to say VIP2 when I turn it on even though it's the VIP3 model? And why am I suddenly not getting any sound from my speaker? No the speaker is fine I tested it with a different amp. The only knobs that work are the standard knobs on the amp i.e. master volume and power sponge. All encoder knobs that spin forever don't work at all or work randomly and always forward but never back...like I can advance in settings but not descend. I don't care about the knobs, one less thing to get tweaked accidentally while I play. I use my computer to dial in sounds and have my basic tones set and backed up on my computer. Learned the back up part the hard way.

Bud977

Re: Peavey VYPYR VIP3 issues

Post by Bud977 » Wed Nov 30, 2022 2:27 pm

Yes, on start up, my VIP3 says
Peavey Vypyr II
VIP3 ver 1.62

I'm guessing Vypyr II means version 2 of the VIP3.

VTsnow1983

Re: Peavey VYPYR VIP3 issues

Post by VTsnow1983 » Sun Jan 22, 2023 8:57 am

Any idea why the sound coming out of my speaker suddenly sounds wicked quiet and crackly and like it's a million miles away? Something to do with the power amp part? They speaker is good, I plugged it into one of my Marshall amps to test it, and surprisingly it sounds really good, better then the stock Celestion speakers they come with.