Sanpera alternatives ?

A forum for discussing the Vypyr series amplifiers, Sanpera footswitches and share settings
MarkV

Sanpera alternatives ?

Post by MarkV » Tue Aug 02, 2022 8:36 am

Hi, I got a Peavey Vypyr 75 and used it with a Behringer FCB 1010 ... but now the right expression pedal of the Behringer apparently has stopped working. Prgramming the Behringer was also a pain in the *** .... so I took my Sanpera 1 out of the closet, but after rehearsing with it I find it difficult to use as it's too smalle for my big feet (i.e. the switches are to close to each other). When i wanted to step on let's say switch 4 I also pushed the (volume) pedal down resulting in sudden no sound at all ... very confusing when playing/soloing. Anyway, I'm looking for a programmable MIDI footswitch that I could use with my old Vypyr (to this day still a great sounding amp imho !). Preferably something not too big, easily programmable and reliable (unlike the FCB 1010). Any suggestions from the forum ?

GettinOlder

Re: Sanpera alternatives ?

Post by GettinOlder » Sun Sep 04, 2022 7:37 pm

I have a question. Doesn't the Behringer FCB 1010 have a 5-pin connector and the VYPYR a 8-pin connector. My VYPYR VIP has a 8-pin connector for the footswitch.
I keep reading where the Behringer can be used on the VYPYR, but I can't figure out how.

Any advice?
Thank you in advance!

MarkV

Re: Sanpera alternatives ?

Post by MarkV » Wed Sep 07, 2022 5:01 am

GettinOlder wrote:
Sun Sep 04, 2022 7:37 pm
I have a question. Doesn't the Behringer FCB 1010 have a 5-pin connector and the VYPYR a 8-pin connector. My VYPYR VIP has a 8-pin connector for the footswitch.
I keep reading where the Behringer can be used on the VYPYR, but I can't figure out how.

Any advice?
Thank you in advance!
The extra (3) pins on the Sanpera only serve as direct power supply for the pedal. That's why the Sanpera doens't have to be plugged into a wall socket unlike the FCB1010. Hope this helps.