vypyr -vip 1

A forum for discussing the Vypyr series amplifiers, Sanpera footswitches and share settings
Must429

vypyr -vip 1

Post by Must429 » Fri Jul 29, 2022 11:40 am

Hello good morning!

I have a Vypyr VIP-1 Amplifier.
Some time ago I wanted to update it and download the Updater and a
firmware. Which this firmware I do not remember exactly what it was. I did USB communication and downloaded this firmware and the amplifier leds turned off and did not turn on again.
Today I have tried again to make communication, but I cannot establish it. I follow the steps but I can not establish communication.

Note: If heard when I turn the amplifier on or off. the horn makes its normal noise when i turn it on or off. but no led lights up.

I request in the most attentive way help me to restore the state of my amplifier, what steps should I follow to repair it.

Greetings and thank you very much!

Atentamente: Hernan Rincon.

JamesPaul

Re: vypyr -vip 1

Post by JamesPaul » Tue Aug 02, 2022 12:01 pm

Welcome to the forum!

It defninitely needs to be the Vypyr VIP firmware, as the Vypyr, VIP, and Pro firmware are all incompatible with a different generation amplifier.

So you are trying the update procedure again, but cannot establish communication with the VIP 1?

If this is true, you could try the factory reset procedure. Then try establising communication again.

After that, you likely need to contact Peavey Support/Service in your location. The firmware update communication process has evolved to quite consistent, but there can still be issues like hardware flash component failures during the process.
Enzo wrote:I find if the amp is working, that is a good point to stop fixing it.
James Paul's Peaveys
Decade, Classics, Ecoustic, Windsors, VYPYR, Triple XXX, XXL, VKs, Bandit, JSXs, VIP, Piranha and a Penta.

carlis

Post by carlis » Wed Aug 17, 2022 12:59 pm

Thanks for the answer. Yes, I pressed A and B, B and C, C and D when turning on... Anyway, I tried all the combinations pressing the buttons on turning on and it didn't help... I tried several times to install the correct firmware and it didn't help. What is the correct procedure for factory reset? could they provide an executable file to fix this

JamesPaul

Post by JamesPaul » Fri Aug 19, 2022 12:27 am

The VIP 3 Factory Reset is in the Owner's Manual. For the VIP 1/VIP 2, you need the Owner's Manual Extras. If you cannot download it from Peavey, I can attach it to this Topic, or if too large I can email it.

5. Power-Up Button Combinations
Pressing and holding certain combinations of front panel buttons while turning on the amp power
causes the VIP to perform special start up functions. The proper technique is to hold the button (or pair
of buttons), turn on the power, and continue to hold the button combination until the startup function
has begun (usually 4 or 5 seconds is sufficient).
The following front panel button combinations can be used during power-up on VIP1 and VIP2:
Button A and B perform factory reset
Button A and D show code revision on LEDs
Button B and C toggle enable/disable of Katakana characters for naming presets
Button B and D open VIP1/VIP2 banks
Button C and D toggle enable/disable of demo mode “light show”
The following front panel button combinations can be used during power-up on VIP3:
Instr/Stomp and Amp buttons toggle enable/disable of Katakana characters for presets *
Presets and Instr/Stomp buttons perform factory reset *
Amp encoder and Tap button toggle enable/disable of demo mode “light show” *
* This feature is also available in the VIP3 menu during normal operation.

There really is no way an executable file can resolve your current issue. The VIP Firmware Update Program (an excutable) cannot reliably communicate with your VIP due to a hardware failure, or flash memory corruption, which is preventing your VIP from properly starting.

Assuming it is a corrupt flash memory, you can review Member gcolbert's site to see what he went thru flashing a first generation Vypr's corrupt flash memory, oustide of the Vyvpyr's normal operation. There are other alternatives to complete the flash, but still a lot of gates to hit for success.

http://zorkmids.com/?p=1641

If it is a hardware failure, some component(s) or some board likely need to be replaced.
Enzo wrote:I find if the amp is working, that is a good point to stop fixing it.
James Paul's Peaveys
Decade, Classics, Ecoustic, Windsors, VYPYR, Triple XXX, XXL, VKs, Bandit, JSXs, VIP, Piranha and a Penta.