Sanpera 1 not working with Vypyr X2

A forum for discussing the Vypyr series amplifiers, Sanpera footswitches and share settings
richk138

Sanpera 1 not working with Vypyr X2

Post by richk138 » Fri Jul 15, 2022 3:30 pm

I just purchased a Sanpera 1 for my Vypyr X2 and am having a problem with being able to switch between banks. The amps have four banks, elec1, elec2, accous, and bass. When I switch the Sanpera to bank selection mode, only two banks are available to choose from, elec1 and elec2. This may be correct as the amp is supposed to recognize what type of instrument is plugged in. However, when I try to select elec2, it will switch on the amp for about 3 seconds then switch back to elec1. The indicator light on the Sanpera never indicates that it switches to elec2. I'm wondering if these two devices are compatible or if I have a bad amp or pedal. Hopefully not a bad amp since I am on amp number two due to a problem with the first X2 I purchased. Has anyone else experience anything similar?

kevink2

Re: Sanpera 1 not working with Vypyr X2

Post by kevink2 » Sat Jul 23, 2022 5:06 pm

I have the same thing happening. I could be wrong but this doesn't seem to work correctly. Sadly, it also occurs on my previous gen VIP 2.

Roger Crimm

Re: Sanpera 1 not working with Vypyr X2

Post by Roger Crimm » Mon Jul 25, 2022 4:38 pm

Are you selecting a preset after you change banks? If not, the amp will go back to the original bank and preset after about 3 seconds.
Roger Crimm
Service Manager
[email protected]