Rearranging the programmed preset order

A forum for discussing the Vypyr series amplifiers, Sanpera footswitches and share settings
A4_B6

Rearranging the programmed preset order

Post by A4_B6 » Mon May 16, 2022 7:51 am

Hi guys,

first post.

I play in a top40 band and during rehearsel, we worked in a random order on our songs. For every song I made a preset including rhythm, lead and effect presets. Now that the festival and outdoor concert season has started, we have made a set-list that changed the order of the presets.
What that means is, that I have to swap every preset so that it is in the order of our current setlist.

From what I see, the only way I am able to change the place in the amp on the userinterface of the pc program is to copy the preset to a free space and than when everything is basically free, put them back in order.

Is there a possibility to switch their places withsomething similar as a drag and drop gesture or arrange them in an other program?

We have 90 songs, so there are at least 150 presets (including the bank positions) I have to rearrange.

JamesPaul

Re: Rearranging the programmed preset order

Post by JamesPaul » Mon May 16, 2022 7:35 pm

A4_B6 wrote:
Mon May 16, 2022 7:51 am
Hi guys,

first post.

I play in a top40 band and during rehearsel, we worked in a random order on our songs. For every song I made a preset including rhythm, lead and effect presets. Now that the festival and outdoor concert season has started, we have made a set-list that changed the order of the presets.
What that means is, that I have to swap every preset so that it is in the order of our current setlist.

From what I see, the only way I am able to change the place in the amp on the userinterface of the pc program is to copy the preset to a free space and than when everything is basically free, put them back in order.

Is there a possibility to switch their places withsomething similar as a drag and drop gesture or arrange them in an other program?

We have 90 songs, so there are at least 150 presets (including the bank positions) I have to rearrange.
I am not aware of any easy way to do this for the Vypyrs, or Vypyr VIPs. My initial thought is something with the Librarian would be more efficient. Having typed that, I have not fired up my VIP Librarian since 2017, and my system with the Vypyr Librarian has been shutdown since 2015. So I do not recall if drag and drop are options.

I cannot speak for the Vypyr Pro, or Vypyr X.

Someone who has been using Librarian/Edit software more recently may have some suggestions.
Enzo wrote:I find if the amp is working, that is a good point to stop fixing it.
James Paul's Peaveys
Decade, Classics, Ecoustic, Windsors, VYPYR, Triple XXX, XXL, VKs, Bandit, JSXs, VIP, Piranha and a Penta.

A4_B6

Re: Rearranging the programmed preset order

Post by A4_B6 » Fri May 20, 2022 8:49 am

Thanks James.