Edit Software for Mac

A forum for discussing the Vypyr series amplifiers, Sanpera footswitches and share settings
23scadoo

Edit Software for Mac

Post by 23scadoo » Wed Mar 30, 2022 11:57 am

I jus treceived my Vypyr X3 and am trying to install the editing software on my Mac but can't find anything on Peavey's software page that says the software is for Mac. I found this thread (viewtopic.php?t=51567) but when I download, I am told by my Mac that it can't open the software because it can't confirm that it's not Malware since it was downloaded from the forum. Is there a direct link to the software on Peavey's website?

One other issue that I'm having is that I am trying to update the firmware on the amp. I have it connected to my Windows computer, have downloaded the Updater software but don't know if I have the most current firmware installed already. The updater says "Connected, current code version 01.68". Is this the version that is currently on the amp? There is no version by that number on Peavey's software page. When I try to run the updater with the firmware 1.6.2, the updater goes through an updating process but the amp gives me error that the update has failed and I need to power cycle.

dbini

Re: Edit Software for Mac

Post by dbini » Sun May 08, 2022 12:05 pm

it is possible to bypass MAC OSX's security settings via the System Preferences -> Security & Privacy -> lower half of the General tab.

BUT - the VYPYR VIP Edit software is 32bit, so if your Operating System is Mojave (10.14) or older then you will be OK. If it is Catalina or newer, the software will not run.

I wonder if Peavey are interested in making their software compatible with newer Macs? If so, they are being a bit slow on the uptake.