Peavey Vypyr X3 100W 1x12 Guitar Combo Amp

A forum for discussing the Vypyr series amplifiers, Sanpera footswitches and share settings
Lissitzky

Peavey Vypyr X3 100W 1x12 Guitar Combo Amp

Post by Lissitzky » Mon Nov 29, 2021 3:19 pm

Just picked this up today I guess there's no app for it yet. Windows operating system only recognizes it as a interface input it doesn't recognize it in the output section of the sound devices so no using the headphones for listening or playing along to music or use with the DAW. I mainly wanted this for the instrument sims so I could use my electric guitar as a bass but it sounds very choppy maybe I could use the settings to make it better but it's a pain using the interface of the amp an app would be nice. As far as the recording it sounds fine except for the bass sim it lags goes loud and then drops out hitting higher notes. I guess the lag issue is the DAW Cubase but the electric guitar is fine. I use the DAW monitor to hear what I'm playing once again Windows does not recognize the x3 in the systems output devices but it does as a input device. I use the USB output direct into my computer. I need to tinker a little more and give it a chance since I am using it through my computer not as a live amp haven't even heard it through the speaker. If any web sites or updates have an app please reply with info thank you.

Lissitzky

Re: Peavey Vypyr X3 100W 1x12 Guitar Combo Amp

Post by Lissitzky » Tue Nov 30, 2021 2:09 pm

I been tinkering around with pre-sets playing through the amps headphone output getting some really good tones heavy and cleaner crunch but I'm still having issues with windows OS I am using ASIO4all drivers for my cubase daw it's strange the guitar is fine sometimes a little millisecond delays but when I play the bass sim it's just the drivers it's sometimes delayed sometimes better I hope peavey can take a look or maybe make a driver or update so that windows would recognize it as a playback device "for playback from the amps headphones" then I wouldn't have to use the monitor of the cubase daw through my sound card because I thinks its bugging.