Updater Application and Current Firmware for Vypyr Pro 100

A forum for discussing the Vypyr series amplifiers, Sanpera footswitches and share settings
sambot

Updater Application and Current Firmware for Vypyr Pro 100

Post by sambot » Thu Nov 11, 2021 6:34 pm

I just had to reinstall the firmware on my Vypyr Pro 100 and had a hell of a time* finding the Windows updater app for the Pro 100. Peavey's software page lists the firmware file (1.37 as of November 2021 (it's highly unlikely there will be any new updates)), but not the updater app. With a trip to the Internet Archives and some clever sleuthing, I was able to get everything I need.

So, as my good deed for the day, I'm putting it all here in this (presumably Googleable) post for future Vypyr Pro 100 users who find themselves in the same predicament. Let the karma rain down upon me!

Here's the Windows installer/updater app:
  • From Peavey (still on their site, but not linked to anywhere publicly (that I could find, anyway))
  • Stored in my Google Drive: .zip | .exe
Here's the firmware 1.37 file: Download this file for both the Windows installer app and firmware version 1.37:
  • Stored in my Google Drive: .zip
To install:
  1. Connect the Vypyr Pro 100 to your Windows PC (I was using Windows 10) via a USB cable.
  2. Put the Vypyr Pro 100 into update mode by pushing the inner knob (near the power/standby switch) and turning clockwise until the update option is showing. (You might need to push the inner knob again to select... I don't remember, but it should be obvious.)
  3. Run the app and follow the rest of the prompts.
My work here is done.

---

*Of course, there's always the chance that I'm an idiot and the files exist somewhere easy and obvious. In which case, please do let me know!