Need new speaker for Vypyr 15 any suggestions?

A forum for discussing the Vypyr series amplifiers, Sanpera footswitches and share settings
AfterThought

Need new speaker for Vypyr 15 any suggestions?

Post by AfterThought » Sat Oct 23, 2021 12:47 am

Highs bleeding terribly almost masking bass and mid frequencies. turning the treble down didn't solve the issue (only reduces the bleeding, highs start to lose too much definition resulting in mud). I like the amp but the speaker for some reason has recently sounded awful. It didn't sounded this bad in the past but recently ever since i moved it away from the wall, it started to sound worse. Sounds even worse when it breaks up!

I only use the "Classic" setting on the amp and I play on the clean channel. I have the post gain and master dimed and the pre-gain is set low. I'm using a telecaster with single coil pickups. I'm looking for a speaker that would handle the treble frequencies better showcasing more depth in treble rather than more volume in treble ( limited treble response that emphasized this area too much perhaps? which is the case of the stock speaker). Maybe the stock speaker is just broken.