Vypyr Pro volume cutting out

A forum for discussing the Vypyr series amplifiers, Sanpera footswitches and share settings
Sybreed

Vypyr Pro volume cutting out

Post by Sybreed » Fri Aug 13, 2021 3:44 pm

I've been using the Vypyr Pro 100 for about 6 years, and never had any issues until now.

Lately when I turn it on and start playing at my regular volume, the volume will fade out about 80%. Sometimes I'll turn the knob up to bring back the sound, but then the volume comes back and suddenly its way too loud. Sometimes I can play for 3 hours with no issues, other times it stays super quiet for the whole session.

Typical amp support would suggest its a burned out preamp tube, but this is a modelling amp, so I don't think there are any tubes in there... I've tried taking it apart and opening it up, but the amount of screws in awkward places locking it down makes it very difficult.

Anyone else know of this issue?

rogue777

Re: Vypyr Pro volume cutting out

Post by rogue777 » Sat Aug 14, 2021 9:26 pm

Since you turned the control and the volume jumped back, perhaps its the same as this:

viewtopic.php?t=41287

Sybreed

Post by Sybreed » Sun Aug 15, 2021 2:04 pm

it seems to be getting worse. the volume now is just fluctuating all over the place, getting real quiet, then going silent, then coming back, then going away. I have no idea whats going on

WrldEatr9

Post by WrldEatr9 » Wed Aug 25, 2021 10:40 am

Well, did you try out any of the things mentioned in the other thread? These decoders are notoriously unreliable. In my Vypyr VIP 2 I usually just push or pull the decoder while turning so it will make better contact. Others have had success with contact cleaner.