Vypyr vip3

A forum for discussing the Vypyr series amplifiers, Sanpera footswitches and share settings
fernieg78

Vypyr vip3

Post by fernieg78 » Tue Jul 06, 2021 6:24 pm

Has anyone been able to fix an issue with vip3 after installing the wrong firmware? Mine went out after that , only get the dimmer for the display :cry: ...I would like to get something done . I've tried contacting Peavey with no luck. If anyone has an idea please 🆘....I miss playing it.

Thanks.

JamesPaul

Re: Vypyr vip3

Post by JamesPaul » Thu Jul 08, 2021 1:00 am

Member gcolbert and a couple of other people have managed to successfully flash corrupt firmware with a good version. They used an Arduino Uno and Raspberry Pi to accomplish this. If that is in your skill set you can get some details from gcolbert's website. It is in his signature if you search for him in Members, but I will also post the link below.

Another option might be to search for a broken VIP being sold on Craigslist, Facebook Marketplace, Reverb, etc. All three VIPs share the same DSP Board, so you may be able to find an inexpensive or broken VIP 1 and swap the DSP Board. The broken one you find will need to have some issue other than the DSP Board.

You can also call Peavey and see if they still sell the DSP Board as a replacement part. If you do this, call between 1pm and 5pm Central Time as they are currently shorthanded. You should keep calling until someone answers.

Here is the link to the website. There is info on flashing the firmware and removing VIP DSP Boards if you are doing that.

http://zorkmids.com/?cat=10
Enzo wrote:I find if the amp is working, that is a good point to stop fixing it.
James Paul's Peaveys
Decade, Classics, Ecoustic, Windsors, VYPYR, Triple XXX, XXL, VKs, Bandit, JSXs, VIP, Piranha and a Penta.

fernieg78

Re: Vypyr vip3

Post by fernieg78 » Wed Jul 14, 2021 5:27 pm

Thank you so much